Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Japanese curls

Hi everyone :

I'm interested in the japanese curls, those large natural wavy curls but not sure what is it exactly called ? Is it called Ceramic perm or....?

Just want to tell the hairstylist the perm that I want so I need to give the name correctly

Has anyone done that before ? How is it ?

I've fine shoulder length hair and not sure if I should go for it...

Any advice from anyone out there ?

they are called japanese perm... it's a ind of cold perming that doesn't heat the hair... it'll make the hair ends more moisturised than ceremic or digital perms... do ask ur hairstylist to do a treatment for you so that it looks shinier... it will cost ard $80-$100 in normal salons... and like other normal perming, small curls will last longer than large wavy curls... so do consider before perming...

Comment

Thanks for your reply. My hair is so stubbornly fine that the last time I had a jap perm, it's really hard to maintain and keep the curls nice, especially at the back. I want those curls which looked like just wake up from bed look so there isnt a need to try too hard to make it nice..

Comment

Catmews13 then Jap perm isnt something u shld do, cos u'll need to twist ur hair in the morning inorder for the curls to show, if not it'll be rather straight... Correct me if i'm wrong...
        i think maybe digital perm is something u can do? My friend just had to scrunge her hair in the morn with some cream and curls will be very obvious...

Comment

What u need is digital perm. Jap perm will need some time to style and effort to maintain.

Comment

i just did it abt 2-3 weeks ago

digital perm is meant for those who rebond their hair before.

My hair lenght is around shoulder lenght too... ait longer
            it cost me $75

my frd perm hers too for $95.. her lenght was to the bra straps.

Comment

you mean you did a jap perm for $85 or is it digital perm?

Comment

i did jap perm for $75

Comment

coool!! where did you get it done?

Comment

greatcut @ amara shoppin

Comment

cat we have the same problem
                      hair too fine

was so worried that my hair can't curl
                      but luckily it did
                      and it look so natural

Comment

Hi, i'm Grace! i'd also like to know more!! My hair is until the Bra Strap there and i'm thinking of doin Digi. Perm but my hair has never been rebonded b4 and i wana find a good salon.. Btw, whats the diff btwn Digi perm n Jap Perm? Besides the pricing and process thats different, how long can both last n are there any difference in the curls? Can anybody intro any good salons to me? Budget is Probably say $250 and below..

Comment

Originally posted by godsgrace_rose
                          Hi, i'm Grace! i'd also like to know more!! My hair is until the Bra Strap there and i'm thinking of doin Digi. Perm but my hair has never been rebonded b4 and i wana find a good salon.. Btw, whats the diff btwn Digi perm n Jap Perm? Besides the pricing and process thats different, how long can both last n are there any difference in the curls? Can anybody intro any good salons to me? Budget is Probably say $250 and below..

How abt Papilio? they do provide decent perms...rebonding also....

Comment

Originally posted by Lyn2
                            How abt Papilio? they do provide decent perms...rebonding also....
                            Hi Lyn2, Thx for replying! i don't mind giving it a try but may i know wad is the price range like n where is the salon located at? Thx!

Comment

Originally posted by godsgrace_rose
                              Hi Lyn2, Thx for replying! i don't mind giving it a try but may i know wad is the price range like n where is the salon located at? Thx!
                              Price ranges from 120 - 150 if i m not wrong.....there is a thread on papilio...do look for it...but be warned...dun go there for hair cut...their cuts is nothing to shout of....be prepared to wait for thirty to forty minutes past your appointment time as it is a really popular saloon...cheap and good
                              the address is ......

Address : Blk 637 Veerasamy Rd #02-115 Singapore 200637
                              Telephone : 6297 1079

Comment

Working...
                              X