How often do you trim your long hair?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How often do you trim your long hair?

Hi, I was wondering how often do you all go for a trim if your hair is long but intend to grow it longer. I normally go for a trim like once every 2months but find that with continuous trimming, my hair never seem to grow till the desired length. But then, if I don't trim, the ends of the hair will be untidy and think will have split ends too right? So trying to analyse what is a comfortable time frame to go for a trim. Need your opinions.

i think once every two-three months is best to maintain healthy hair.
    Before my last haircut there was a very long time during which i didn't cut my hair.. the ends were very dry and i just kept my hair tied up all the time. i think you should go for a cut whenever your hairstyle starts getting messy.. and tell the stylist that you want to grow out your hair? then hopefully they'll cut a style which will stay neat longer. rebonding also helps for those who want to grow their hair because it keeps hair neat ^^

Comment

I get my haircut once every 3 months, to trim away the split ends, if not it will get very heavy and shapeless.

Comment

Once every 3 months to trim away the split ends and give a better hair shape.

Comment

i m abstaining from cutting my hair now because i am trying to grow it out=/
          my next hair cut will probably be next year (chinese new year)? =X
          meanwhile i try to do hair masks to keep my hair healthy=)

Comment

Me too... the lady always cut till very short...

Once per 6 mth

Comment

yeah i dont like to get trims also cos i always end up losing quite a 'bit' of length when i requested to retain length. i guess cos my ends are rather bad. perhaps trimming more often wld help prevent that. but, i cant bear to!

Comment

Once a month because i dread split ends...but no sooner than that because my stylist tends to chop off an inch each time!

Comment

Whenever i think my hair looks horrible which is maybe 5-9 months apart...Cause trying to let my hair grow lonnngg...

Comment

once every 3-4 mths

Comment

once every half year.

Comment

I only see my mood if i wanna to trim my hair...maybe 4-6months..
                        provided my hair is super hard to maintain n messy

Comment

my hair has been impossible to style since it hit chin length till now where it's about 3 inches or so past the top of my shoulder. i've been trimming monthly, to try to maintain the layers that help my hair look less pouffy.

Comment

i try to go for a trim once a month. but then i'm trying to grow them out recently so I've been clipping my fringe back and tying up my hair cos it is starting to look a wee bit messy

Comment

trimming it like once every 2~3months are too often, i feel. trimming at this rate, your hair will take very very long time to grow to the length you wanted, worse, it may end up shorter than what you expect.

i used to trim once every 2~3 months, my hair can hardly grow to the length i want.
                              so i stopped. i trim only when i have the minimum length and can afford to trim 1~2 inches which most stylists tend to "chop" off.
                              hairstylists tend to trim more than what we tell them, hence it is always better to have +/- 2 inches of tolerance shorter than expectation.

i agree with babyduo. rebond the hair to make it neat, hence lesser chances of trimming will be needed for at least 6 months. and during the 6 months, you will be able to see the length difference in your hair. of course during these 6 months, have to go for hair treatments and apply leave on moisturizer to maintain hair texture since rebonding is rather damaging to the hair.

Comment

Working...
                              X