Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "thinning" of hair

Hi Ppl.
    wanna ask u all isit all salons use those zig zag scissors /knife to "thin" or tug your hair?

any salons dun use?

my hair is alot but its still st8... rebonded last time..

im afraid it will damage our hair or make hair dry?

it will even make our hair ends curl "qiao" rite?

argh.. i ***** dunno should go where to have a trim/ or shud have a hair cut maintaning the st8 hair..

Help man..

Not all salons do that, at least at Roots they don't do so.
    Kenneth, the hairstylist HATES hairstylists who does that, because it damages and spoils the hair. He only uses a pair of scissors to cut The last time I went, my haircut took about 2-3 hours!! End product, nice smooth and neat hair. I'm a satisfied customer hehehe

Comment

Thinning scissors won't make the hair damage or spoil. If it's true, I would like to see the prove. Actually thinning scissors is cutting alternate of the hair section which is lifted. The only technic which will damage the hair is backhand slicing. It means one section of the hair is lifted, the scissors is cutting backwards instead of slicing down. It will cause the hair cuticles to open and look for damage.

Comment

Originally posted by _dirrtylaundry View Post
        Not all salons do that, at least at Roots they don't do so.
        Kenneth, the hairstylist HATES hairstylists who does that, because it damages and spoils the hair. He only uses a pair of scissors to cut The last time I went, my haircut took about 2-3 hours!! End product, nice smooth and neat hair. I'm a satisfied customer hehehe
        Hi,

May i know where is Roots salon located? How much is their cut, wash n blow? TIA!

Comment

Originally posted by es0teric View Post
          Thinning scissors won't make the hair damage or spoil. If it's true, I would like to see the prove. Actually thinning scissors is cutting alternate of the hair section which is lifted. The only technic which will damage the hair is backhand slicing. It means one section of the hair is lifted, the scissors is cutting backwards instead of slicing down. It will cause the hair cuticles to open and look for damage.
          Oh... i didnt know that.. Is it also called backhand slicing? Hmm.. Why would stylists want to cut backwards? Any idea is it to give the hair more volume?

Comment

hello.

thinning would not make the hair curl.

your hair would naturally curl when it is long if you did not do any rebonding or your rebonding has weared out.

Comment

The curl is caused when the cut is at the point of curve, hence the hair will "pop" out of place.

Most people have natural curl, anyway.

Comment

Working...
              X