Inconsiderate/unhygenic makeup shoppers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inconsiderate/unhygenic makeup shoppers

I witnessed something today at watsons, this lady was twisting the SEALED caps off the brand new lip glosses (there were no testers there) and she was smearing it all over her lips to test, and then capped it back on to the shelve. Its really unhygenic, and very unfair that the next person buys it used,
    and I know its impossible for sales staff to be on a lookout for such shoppers all the time.

Ive been buying such "off the shelve brands" makeup, and it never came to mind that there were people like that. I thought to myself, this is what I see, what about what I dont see.
    I just wanna share this with readers, and make aware.
    Last edited by diamante; 01-02-2006, 07:14 PM.

goodness gracious! so inconsiderate of her. guess the only way out is to be more alert while shopping for make up

Comment

the only way is to check, is to make sure the caps of the make up and plastic sealed,
      I mean, some makeup are only sealed with a little sticker on the cap, you can never tell if it was tested or not.....

Comment

can buy those that are sealed with plastic? think it should be safer.
        for foundations/ eyeshadows, can check there is no fingerprints or scratch marks..b4 buying

Comment

Once I was staring at a lady who was applying a revlon lippie directly. She removed it and applied it again almost as if to make it perfect. Her husband/boyfriend/whoever was next to her. Saw me staring and told her to stop doing it. She continued anyway.

Comment

ewww i can't stand inconsiderate shoppers like that! i agree,the only way is to carefully check the items before you buy

Comment

My goodness, yup, there are too many inconsiderate shoppers around, I've a friend that would just tell the person off if she were to witness such a scene. As for myself, I'd stare real hard at the person and if she doesn't get the hint, off to tell the cashier/ sales people i go! Can't let them go on like this! My, my!!!

Comment

goodness! so inconsiderate and unhygienic of these people! guess we should look out a bit more when buying cosmetics off the shelves

Comment

phew
                  i buy my lippies from counter brands so don't have this kinda problem. but still these kinda people deserved to be shot. how much can a drug store lip gloss cost. some people.....yea we better look out more when buying cosmetics off drug stores

Comment

Shame on them! Don't they know that not only are they unhygienic, they are also cheapos??!!

Comment

I was unlucky enough to buy a Canmake glitter n/p that had been tested - i.e. someone actually took the trouble to open up the plastic box, unscrew the cap, test the n/p and replace everything! *grrr* I know this because I saw a small n/p stain on the box and on the side of the bottle. *double grrr*

Comment

now i understand why the counter SAs always take the trouble to open every item to show us that it's brand new before packing it up at the cashier counter. But i did get a used eye base from T&T before and i had to go all the way back to exchange for another brand new one.

Comment

These ppl are simply gross ... unbelieveably disgusting

Comment

diamante u should stare at her or inform the SAs.. Disgusting and inconsiderate pple should be thought a lesson!!!

Comment

Originally posted by kestrel
                              now i understand why the counter SAs always take the trouble to open every item to show us that it's brand new before packing it up at the cashier counter. But i did get a used eye base from T&T before and i had to go all the way back to exchange for another brand new one.
                              Diana, actually all SAs should not skip this step to open every item to show us as this is to safe guard themselve as well as not to trouble the customer to come back all the way for an exchange if item is not correct or defective.

I've ever met customer who broke the item but came back & insist for an exchange Her husband even scold vulgarities when we didn't change it on the spot

Personally, I seldom want to try lipsticks as I find its rather unhygienic, cos I work in a cosmetics counter before & seen how its like I ever get bumps and cold sores after trying testers on lips
                              Unless its a brand new tester hence I love new collectin launches and always try on the new lip stuffs testers

Comment

Working...
                              X