No announcement yet.

Shu Uemura

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gold Their metallic (ME) and glitter (G) eyeshadows are highly pigmented and beautiful!
    I've been looking ard for a blue-themed palette. Swatched various brands like Dior, Chanel, Bobbi Brown, Lunasol but decided on Shu. The good thing abt shu is that u can create your own palette by choosing the specific finish n shade that u want.

The glitter ones are chokeful of dazzling glitters, very nice for party.
    The iridescent ones (IR) are relatively sheerer but can be easily intensified.
    They also have matt (M) and Pearl (P) finishes but I found the pearl white one to be a bit too opaque for my liking.
    The pearl black is beautiful though.

I got ME medium blue, ME white, ME light silver and P black.
    Gorgeous palette if I may say so myself! Haha.
    Will review when I get down to using them next week.
    Last edited by blessed zhen; 11-07-2011, 01:09 AM.

Comment

• Yes, i like their create your own palette too. Its easier when you bring it out in your bag for touchup when you wanna get some colors on your eyes and cheeks. Looks so pro as well.

Comment

• No ***. I use different foundations on different days. Sometimes the colours don't match. I tried the mousse today. I say the lasting power is good. Just need to blot and it looks fresh again. Not oily also. But it streaks on me upon application, perhaps cos my primer was not absorbed into my skin as yet. Shall pair it with the shu base tomorrow. Another dislike is the colour. It looks dark on me even though it's the lightest shade. Else, I think this is not too bad. We will see how tomorrow goes.

Comment

• Has anyone tried the Illuminating Moisture Fluid Foundation?

I used Face Architect Fluid Foundation before and its very good but lacks the dewiness I want...

Comment

• I tried the illuminating foundation at the counter and i find that the texture is quite good, easy to blend, sheer and it gives a radiant look on the face. Will get it when i've finished with the rest of my foundation as i have too many on hand not use yet.

Comment

• Thks for all the info!

Comment

• Originally posted by 12mustardseeds View Post
                No ***. I use different foundations on different days. Sometimes the colours don't match. I tried the mousse today. I say the lasting power is good. Just need to blot and it looks fresh again. Not oily also. But it streaks on me upon application, perhaps cos my primer was not absorbed into my skin as yet. Shall pair it with the shu base tomorrow. Another dislike is the colour. It looks dark on me even though it's the lightest shade. Else, I think this is not too bad. We will see how tomorrow goes.
                ooo hahaha scare me. hahahha. glad to know that the mousse foundie is working on you.. what is your usual foundation colour??

Comment

• Thanks! Do you find that it feels oily at all? I know it contains oil so I'm kind of scared it might break me out..

Comment

• I usually go for the lightest yellow-based shade. This light beige is really dark!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by c0lap1nada View Post
                      Thanks! Do you find that it feels oily at all? I know it contains oil so I'm kind of scared it might break me out..
                      NOpe not oily. U can blot with a tissue after mid-day. I do find it dries fast so you have to apply very fast else it will leave streaks on my face. Well, it could also be that my sunscreen is not compatible with this LF.

Comment

• Originally posted by 12mustardseeds View Post
                        I usually go for the lightest yellow-based shade. This light beige is really dark!!!
                        oooo that's strange, i too usually go for the lighter/lightest shades (dior 010), the light beige was quite okay on me, looks quite natural without being deathly pale.maybe you want to bring the mousse back to ask them to change to another product??? otherwise very heart pain

Comment

• what are your skin types? is the mousse really that lasting? My skin gets oil very easily. Like when i walk from Far east plaza to shaw in a humid weather, my face becomes oily. =x

Comment

• Thanks a lot! Guess I'll be picking the illuminating moisture instead of the smoothing one like I normally though...
                            and has anyone tried the Pro Gel Cealer? looks really interesting but heard its dry?
                            Last edited by c0lap1nada; 14-07-2011, 10:29 AM.

Comment

• Pro gel concealer you mean? Is that the new concealer which has replaced the previous squarish ones? I heard that its better than the old ones, less drying than before.

Comment

• anyone know how much is the pro gel concealer retailing?

thanks,

Comment

Working...
                                X