Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What cosmetic have you no affinity with?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What cosmetic have you no affinity with?

Even with tonnes of raves and good reviews, you try out the item and it simply doesn't work for you? Over-hyped? Overrated maybe?

For me, it's:

YSL Touche Eclat (Has a strange smell that is so strong and doesn't seem to brighten my complexion at all!)

Tony and Tina Herbal Glitter pencils (I see no color, just tonnes of silver glitter that happily litter themselves all over my face by mid-day)

Do share yours!

Fasio 3d mascara. too tough to wash off!!!!!! have to rub it so hard until my lash falls.darn...

Comment

i second fasio 3d mascara. it's seriously a chore to get it off. dejavu fiberwig too but i still fiberwig for it's lengthening effect

Comment

Any type of mascara. I cannot seem to make them work the magic.

Comment

I think I really have a list !

T & T glitter pencils - Doesn't last well on my lids
          Za Cutie Curl mascara - really want to like this but it still smudges on me
          YSL Touche Eclat- I dont see how this can highlight and also conceal and also the sheer price of it as well!
          Kanebo Revue foundation - Very powdery on me at first but later gives me a patchy look

Comment

Fasio 3D mascara. It stinks! And its so hard to remove. And Wet & Wild blushers. They just dont look flattering on me.

Comment

woah looks like many people have the same sentiments as me for fasio 3d. i thought i was the only one

Comment

Currently any Euro/US brand
                Especially brands like Elizabeth Arden, Estee Lauder, Helena Rubinstein, Lancome, NARS etc

Comment

MAC Strobe Cream and any and all Red Earth products.

Comment

- Smashbox photo finish primer (broke me out in spite of all the raves. )
                    - Jurlique lavender silk dust (too white for me)
                    - Palladio Rice powder (not so oil controlling after all)
                    - Jane blushers (just don't look attractive enough for me to use them)
                    - Dermologica Daily Microfoliant (broke me out too)
                    - Clarins Beauty Flash balm (did nothing to me)
                    - Lumene eye base and Mary Kay eye primer (UD PP is still the best!)

that's all i can recall now.

Comment

Ettusais Day protect powder - oil controlling properties didnt work for me
                      Red Earth eye gel- gave me millia
                      Lucas Papaw ointment- allergic reaction
                      ZA foundation- was color matched but slightly too orange for me

Comment

Originally posted by happybean
                        Shiseido products (the ones from the Shiseido The Makeup range) - dunno why
                        same here,

Comment

For me, it's:

- ZA Cutie Curl mascara (Long): made my lashed droop & look ultra 'wet' , smudged like mad too
                          - TBS mascaras: just can't work on me @ all
                          - Stila lip pot: not moisturising on my lips @ all
                          - Shu Uemura hard eyebrow pencil: i hate this to the core; even Maybelline's brow liner works better on me somehow!

That's about it.. So far the rest are pretty for me..
                          Last edited by crazyshopaholic; 04-02-2006, 10:59 AM.

Comment

- benefit bo-ing [doesnt help @ all for concealing dark eyes circle! turns cakey after few hours]
                            - T&T herbal glitter pencils [not lasting enough]
                            - clarins true radiance foundation [face turn oily by mid-day]

Comment

Fasio 3D can be easily remove with FANCLY old remover.. Just pump once, massage on the lashes until panda eyes, use your cleanser, wash away.

Deja-vu is the one that I have use for 2 weeks, but did not see LENGTHENing effect.. and the "extra" lashes always goes into my eyes and I need to keep taking them out.

Other than that, its RED EARTH and REVLON product that the smell does not suit my nose.

Comment

Working...
                              X