Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you wash your makeup brushes/sponge etc..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you wash your makeup brushes/sponge etc..

Any quick & easy way to wash your makeup brushes/sponges? How ofen do you wash it?

hi there blurblur, interesting nick

you can either use shampoo or bodywash to wash! here are my washing steps:

brushes

Take a big mug/cup/container, fill it with warm water and body wash, twirl brushes, making sure the color gets out!! i usually repeat 2-3 times..

sponges

just use warm water and soap, rinse over it and wash it like how you wash your clothes!! like squeeze and blahblah..

*IMPORtant*

Always dry your brushes FLAT!! might take longer than letting it hang, but its definitely worth the wait. oh, wash at LEASTTT once a month. best is once every 2 wks. hope my 2 worth helps!

Comment

i use the same method as aisui, but i wash them weekly..
      not too sure if it is too harsh on the hairs of the brushes..?

Comment

I think it's generally okay to wash your brushes once a week or a fornight

It would be good to use baby soap or shampoo as I personally feel they are gentler and thus won't strip the brush hairs or make them dry

Just watch out to not get water into the furrel of the brush (where the metal area holds the hairs of the brush)!

Comment

I wash my brushes once in 2-3 weeks time. I think that's fine in my case because I never carry my brush outside for touching up. Everytime I use it, I'd use it on my clean face. Anyhoo.. I clean brushes using shampoo and conditioner for natural hair ones. For synthetic hair, I'll just use only shampoo.

Another thing, I don't soak my brushes in water or whatever liquid. MAC SA told me, that'd make the glue loose. So I clean my brushes one by one.. like pick one brush -> wet it -> shampoo -> conditioner.. and next one.

Comment

Originally posted by Pale Moon
            I wash my brushes once in 2-3 weeks time. I think that's fine in my case because I never carry my brush outside for touching up. Everytime I use it, I'd use it on my clean face. Anyhoo.. I clean brushes using shampoo and conditioner for natural hair ones. For synthetic hair, I'll just use only shampoo.

Another thing, I don't soak my brushes in water or whatever liquid. MAC SA told me, that'd make the glue loose. So I clean my brushes one by one.. like pick one brush -> wet it -> shampoo -> conditioner.. and next one.

conditioner!! im impressed! :wow:

luckily my brushes are the cheap ones haha so I can treat them roughly

Comment

I shampoo my brushes!

Just a quick rinse with water and shampoo. Try to clean it more often, it's easier that way.

Comment

I uses MAC liquid brush cleaner. Since i don rinse my brushes with shampoo so i wonder if the brush cleaner is ***** to keep my brushes clean

Comment

I uses MAC liquid brush cleaner. Since i don rinse my brushes with shampoo so i wonder if the brush cleaner can keep my brushes clean

Comment

First I use Clinique brush cleanser (the spray) and then I use FancL Washing powder. Works well!

Comment

I washed my brushes at least twice a month using Lux shower cream followed by Dove conditioner. Cheapo me!

Comment

I use my facial wash to clean them once a week. Swirl in the cup then lay on a piece of tissue paper to dry.

Comment

I wash my brushes about once a week with my facial cleanser... then end of the month i will wash with MAC brush cleaner... =D

Comment

Originally posted by mindy
                            I uses MAC liquid brush cleaner. Since i don rinse my brushes with shampoo so i wonder if the brush cleaner can keep my brushes clean
                            when i bought the mac brush cleanser, was told that I still need to use shampoo to wash my brushes once in a while to make them cleaner

Comment

For sponges I use Fancl Makeup puff cleanser. Cleanses very well and all the powder accumulated on the puff just disappears!

For brushes I use body foam to wash them. Put a bit in water to dissolve the soap then wash my brushes in it.

And i didn't know cannot let water wet the furrel.. oppps!

Comment

Working...
                              X