Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• make-up everyday? image change?

hello ladies

i've been thinking about this for quite some time now but decided to ask the opinions of everyone even though i think this may sound like a stupid question, but please bear with me...

i'm a designer and programmer. my job doesn't require me to dress up so i'm ALWAYS in t-shirt and jeans with sneakers. i go to work bare- faced with the exception of drawing my brows (otherwise i'll look so "botak"). i'm not blessed with perfect complexion or look healthy with rosy cheeks or what nots.

do you think i should apply make-up to work everyday? maybe a tinted moisturiser/sunscreen with blusher and gloss? i think i've been brainwashed by my mum since growing up because she always told me bare skin is the best and makeup will "spoil my face".

i save my camis and heels for weekends only. anyway to make myself look less ordinary without being over the top?

will appreciate if anybody can give me some advise!

i think a bit of tinted moisturiser and blusher and gloss will do. too naked also will make your face look tired. although your job doesn't require u to dress up...i think it's still a good idea to put some light make up.
    Maybe not foundation. i also dislike wearing foundation everyday.

i usually put on pressed power and blusher to school. sometimes i also put on tm. but i don't put foundation as one make up artiste told me before my skin doesn need it....if do not need it...best don't put...UNLESS for special occasions like going on a date or clubbing or what then put. after all skin needs to breathe also.

tinted moisturiser allows your skin to breathe. so i m in support of u using TM and blusher n gloss everyday to work....maybe u might want to rest you skin one day in a week. that's what i do. no tm, no blusher no anything. i believe that when we go out..we do need to put on some form of light make up to make ourselves more presentable. imho.

Comment

I would suggest that you put on some light makeup as well? in fact, for myself, I look forward to going work sometimes because I can play around with my colors :D

A sunblock is a must, you can probably use a moisturizer with SPF or powder with SPF properities. Then just use your usual eyebrow pencil and some blush. It gives your face some color.

Anyway I was watching Kang Xi Lai Le on TV last weekend and they actually pointed out that sometimes some non-clogging makeup can help to maintain your skin as they form a protective layer over your skin to prevent bad air pollution from harming it. Not sure how true is that, but no harm trying heh

Comment

i put really light make-up whenever i go out, be it to school or to town. SPF is a must! Get a tinited sunblock would be great, we wouldn't want to develop freckles or any other pigmentations as we grow older. Some mascara, blusher and gloss/lip balm is good enough to enhance your feature. I can do all these within five minutes At the end of the day, make sure you remove your make-up thoroughly so you wouldn't "spoil" your face.

Comment

I feel that a tm with UV is almost must....u can skip foundation. foundation might be too heavy to wear everyday........maybe wear it 2 times a week?

but the new MAC studio fix liquid foundation is good. tried it out at the counter just now and i will GET it next week. will wear it when go shopping with friends.

Comment

thank you, ladies!

i do wear sunscreen everyday but it's IPSA's colorless day protect shelter which i totally rave because it is sooo light! best sunscreen after testing other brands.

lulufey: last time when i was working at SATS my supervisor told me the same thing too! (about powder protecting the face) but my complexion is not very good and i'm not sure which brands are safe to use, won't clog pores, etc... are you in the cosmetics service line?

any preferences between tinted moisturiser or tinted sunscreen?

doesn't help that i'm a libran, does it? :x

Comment

i think u have to read whether it provides a significant amount of protection from the sun or not. i am using MAC's one...SPF15...i wished they came out with a tm with stronger protection against the sun as i have some freckles on my face........so sometimes instead of my tm i wear my moisturising UV protector SPF30
              to give myself more protection against the sun.. but it's not tinted.

Comment

hrmms.. I'm a student too and sometimes my face does turn quite pale because I don't put any make up on at all since my skin condition isn't the best and I don't want to risk clogging my pores with makeup. And then there's the problem of possibly looking over the top as well so its a great thing there's this thread! it just highlighted me to something called tinted moisturiser/SPF. i am that clueless when it comes to makeup. all I have are the basics for when I go out.

any recommendations for tinted moisturiser/SPF?

Comment

saphiration: me too! and i'm already 23 years old... so old yet still so clueless!

i'm actually looking at Shu Uemura's UV under base and Raycious' Bright Shift Liquid, both are tinted sunscreen...

Comment

yikes.. I just did a search for existing threads on Tinted Moisturiser, and read up a bit. seems like TM isn't suited for oily skin? I've got combination skin.. but yea the T-zone's pretty oily. I don't want my face to look as slippery as a fish!

Comment

Do you think using tinted moisturiser might be too oily for you after the sunblock, normal moisturiser etc?

After sunblock, try just using a concealer (on eyebags/freckles/spots/scars etc) with loose powder all over face.

Or else can try this Paul & Joe Primer N makeup base set with loose powder. It's really good (at least for me l.ah), sort of like tinted moisturiser/sheer foundation, but it gives a smooth lasting finish after loose powder.

Then you can follow with a sheer lipgloss/lipstick to avoid looking over made up. A little shimmery blusher is great for radiance too!

Comment

I agree you can use some tinted moisturiser or a pressed powder...to make your skin look flawless, slick on abit of lip gloss

If you dont want to wear makeup, maybe you can wear funky acessories to jazz up your attire!

Comment

yup u need to apply a layer to protect the dust and dirt from going into ur skin

Comment

Originally posted by geeko
                            i think u have to read whether it provides a significant amount of protection from the sun or not. i am using MAC's one...SPF15...i wished they came out with a tm with stronger protection against the sun as i have some freckles on my face........so sometimes instead of my tm i wear my moisturising UV protector SPF30
                            to give myself more protection against the sun.. but it's not tinted.
                            The higher the SPF, the longer number of hours the protection provides. Spf 15 should protect you for around 2- 5 hours of sunlight. SPF 30, around 8 hours, if I did not remember wrongly. Correct me if I am wrong. Higher SPF doesn't mean higher protection. Get a broad spectrum sunscreen which can protect your skin against all levels of UVA and UVB rays: with appropriate SPF depending on your lifestyle or jobscope which may require to run outdoors the whole day.

Comment

Originally posted by keymistress

lulufey: last time when i was working at SATS my supervisor told me the same thing too! (about powder protecting the face) but my complexion is not very good and i'm not sure which brands are safe to use, won't clog pores, etc... are you in the cosmetics service line?

any preferences between tinted moisturiser or tinted sunscreen?

doesn't help that i'm a libran, does it? :x
                              Nope, heh. Just like reading abt cosmetics

I would say that most brands wouldn't clog your pores (unless you're talking abt those 3 for 10 dollars kind of products), if you practice a thorough cleansing regime when you reach home everyday. Try Ettusais if you're looking for some powder, it's pretty kind to my face.

Btw, do start with something reaaallly light for a start, because for myself, I'm quite irritated if my mom or colleagues start making comments like waaah, someone put makeup for work, blah blah.

Comment

Working...
                              X