Beaded Bags

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beaded Bags

Anyone know where to get beaded bags those with colours like light pink, blue. Most I saw only selling those for mature ladies I need something youthful. I saw one at International Plaza it was the last piece and the thread was loose so I didn't purchased it since I wasn't 100% satisfied.

Try Accessorize at Bugis (a bit on the pricey side though) and Ping Shop (Holland V and Takashimaya).

Comment

Something about Holland V.... Choose your stuff carefully..some shops really treat up s like a chopping board. During my Hong Kong, I saw this Victorian style beaded bag for S$50. Didn't buy it. Regretted.....saw it at Raffles City, ....bought it for $98 (2x the HK price!!!). Saw a similar design at Wheellock place selling for $69!! Saw it agin at Holland V selling for $129!! What a rip off!!
      Last edited by Glossie; 18-11-2004, 12:57 PM.

Comment

Those shops at Holland V targets those expats angmohs! Hah...but I like going to Holland V though, very nice quaint serene feeling

Comment

Yes, it's got a certain bohemian vibe to it....but it's really getting too crowded and congested. Plus, with the sky-high prices and the scarce parking, I don't think it's worth the hassle anymore.
          Last edited by Glossie; 18-11-2004, 12:58 PM.

Comment

I bought a beaded bag at Raffles City Shopping Centre recently. Prices are reasonable too.
            It's not a shop but those push-cart near the escalator on the 2nd level. They also sell those Penarakan (spelling?) beaded bags which are very suitable for mums.
            What's more, if your bags are spoilt in anyway after buying, they will repair it FOC.

Comment

I think I bought mine at the same push-cart. When I saw the bags, I called Cheyanne (some of you may remember her) in UK to tell her about it, cos' we were eyeing on the bag together in Hong Kong. She said that in UK it's 100 pounds! So S$100 is still a good buy. I think the SA at the shop overheard me mentioning it costing S$50 in Hong Kong, and when I later asked her where those bags are made in, she said Japan, but I distinctively saw a tag sticking out of one of the new bags and the words are in Chinese, the HK type of Chinese. At the Wheellock place stall I asked the SA the same question, and she said it was from Hong Kong.... I think there really no need for the SA at Raffles City to lie, cos' if I can go back to HK to get it, I wouldn't be at her stall!
              Last edited by Glossie; 18-11-2004, 12:59 PM.

Comment

Wow, Jamie, you have sharp eyes! Being able to track a bag down from HK to UK to Singapore...

Comment

Originally posted by "pandora76"

Wow, Jamie, you have sharp eyes! Being able to track a bag down from HK to UK to Singapore...

:D :D Seasoned shopper! :D :D

Comment

*kowtow*
                    Last edited by Glossie; 18-11-2004, 01:01 PM.

Comment

Re: Beaded Bags

Originally posted by "flame"

Anyone know where to get beaded bags those with colours like light pink, blue. Most I saw only selling those for mature ladies I need something youthful. I saw one at International Plaza it was the last piece and the thread was loose so I didn't purchased it since I wasn't 100% satisfied.
                      The one I bought at the push-cart at Raffles City is really sweet with pinks and pastle shades lining the flora patterns....doesn't look to matured. But I think that was thier last piece. :D

Comment

Originally posted by "Riverie"

Originally posted by flame
                        The one I bought at the push-cart at Raffles City is really sweet with pinks and pastle shades lining the flora patterns....doesn't look to matured. But I think that was thier last piece. :D
                        alamak last piece and u are raving abt the sweet bag....Riv u no good lah!!

Comment

Originally posted by "meow123"

alamak last piece and u are raving abt the sweet bag....Riv u no good lah!!
                          Can't help it....
                          Self-appointed birthday present for my bf to give me....

Comment

I went to acessorize still can't find the one I like. I will checkout the push cart at raffles city since is near my workplace. Thanks girls for the suggestions. Still thinking of that bag at international plaza went there last week even that last piece was gone , though my bf bought me a small light blue beaded bag from vietnam but still I am thinking of the one of ip.

Comment

Went to femme at raffles city to have a look today but didn't find anything that I like. Still searching for my light blue beaded bag Guess I will have to wait till I got the chance to dropby at holland v.

Comment

Working...
                              X