High heels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• High heels

Since there was a thread for ballerina pumps and flats, i thought i'd start one for high heels.

Where can you find nice heels (over 3 inches) in singapore? That are comfy enough to walk around town in?

I always find it really hard to find very high heels in singapore (meaning around 4 inches high) for some reason. The only place i know of is Far East, and sometimes their heels are a bit too much...look kinda tacky/trashy to me (the super high chunky ones). But i have bought a couple of nice pairs from there. But those were stilletos and not suitable for walking around town in.

Anyone know any good places? Please do let me know. I am extremely short and need as much height as i can get!!

Thanks!

i personally like URS heels.
    I dont wear them often though but i do find it comfortable everytime i wear them.

Comment

VNC or better known as Vincci in Malaysia. I think their heels are really HIGH!

Comment

I usually shop at Charles & Keith. They offer nice designs (at times) and nice prices too! I also like the designs from URS. sorry, most of the heels i own don't usually go above 3 inches..they are almost 2" + or so.

I used to own one pair of 4 inches heels but i find difficultly walking in them. Moreover, it became dirty after several uses and i threw them away.

Comment

Thanks girls.

Where is there VNC in singapore?

I also like Charles & Keith sometimes when they have designs i like.

& I always thought URS doesn't really have very high heels, so i hardly look there. Maybe i should check it out. Do they sell 4 inch heels?

Comment

Originally posted by Racer_girl
            Thanks girls.

Where is there VNC in singapore?

I also like Charles & Keith sometimes when they have designs i like.

& I always thought URS doesn't really have very high heels, so i hardly look there. Maybe i should check it out. Do they sell 4 inch heels?
            VNC is at Citylink Mall.

Comment

My favourite is URS & Elle. Normally, the heel of URS shoes is at least 3 inches high. It is good in design & very light. A bit pricy of course.....but the design is never out of date. I got 2 pairs of shoes from URS: 3 inches & 2.5 inches in dark brown colour, easy to pair with any clothes or dresses. Price for my shoes is from S$39.90 - S$69.90

For Elle, comfortability is the main concern for Elle. I bought 3 pairs of shoes from with cross-section straps in front of the shoes: 2 pairs same design but materials different (3 inches) & a pair with 2 inches. Price for my shoes is from S$69.90 - S$82.90 The weight of the shoes is heavier compared to URS.

Shoes from VNC, Vincci in Malaysia, are at least 3 inches mostly. Some are even 4 or 5 inches.... I really can't wear them to walk probably. My limit is only 3 inches. Cheaper in price, good design but quality is average. Buy it from Malaysia is slightly cheaper. I bought 3 pairs of shoes when I go back to KL. Price for my shoes is from S$15 - S$30.

Charles & Keith: Designs are not that attractive to me recently, Seldom buy any shoe from there. Quality is average & design is no bad, price is ok. Bought a sandal from there, then broken after wearing for less than 6 months. :sotong:
              Last edited by Shon; 18-12-2003, 12:24 PM.

Comment

URS for me. I seldom wear heels, I'm a sandals/slippers gal. But I'vea pair of URS heels (around 3 inches) and they're really comfy to wear! I think it costed me around $50. My friends have warned me against mphosis heels, they aren't very stable/comfortable, but some are pretty stylist.

I support ELLE as well, but it's slightly more expensive than URS. Fewer nice designs though.

Comment

Originally posted by cbear
                  URS for me. I seldom wear heels, I'm a sandals/slippers gal. But I'vea pair of URS heels (around 3 inches) and they're really comfy to wear! I think it costed me around $50. My friends have warned me against mphosis heels, they aren't very stable/comfortable, but some are pretty stylist.
                  Yes, mphosis heels are very stylist but quality is average. Price is not cheap too... :roll:

Originally posted by cbear
                  I support ELLE as well, but it's slightly more expensive than URS. Fewer nice designs though.
                  That's why I choose same design for my 3 pairs of Elle. It is true that the shoes are very comfortable.

Comment

Will have to check out all those places. hehe looks like alot of you like URS.

I am soooo envious of those of you that can just wear cute sandals/flats! Alot of flats have such gorgeous cute beady designs...grrrr. But im only around 149cm...no way i wanna wear complete flats

Comment

I am soooo envious of those of you that can just wear cute sandals/flats! Alot of flats have such gorgeous cute beady designs...grrrr. But im only around 149cm...no way i wanna wear complete flats

hmmm u prob the same height as my mum
                      try wedges instead my dear, u feel taller too and yes the comfort level is better

i dont like flats either not the right comfort level for me

Comment

I think wedges will work well with pants, but i don't think they look too good with minis or any skirts really do they? A bit chunky looking? At least with pants you can't tell, hehe.

I agree it'd be more comfortable though.

Comment

Racer_girl, height is not a problem. Problem is that how u pair these high heels with ur clothes & dresses. I am not high too but I got "tricks" to wear high heels with jean or long skirt to make me look higher.

Try to get those comfortable one as ur body will only be supported by that 2 heels & part of the foot. U won't let ur foot to suffer pains if wearing high heels too long, right?

Comment

I think wedges will work well with pants, but i don't think they look too good with minis or any skirts really do they? A bit chunky looking? At least with pants you can't tell, hehe.

I agree it'd be more comfortable though.
                            i basically wear them with everything?
                            URS has narrow wedges makes ur feet look "narrow"

do vary ur heels with other shoes if not u are likely to suffer from backaches

Comment

I have a pair from VNC...4 inch stilettos but I only wear them for special occasions like dinners and stuff cos it's a hell of a tiring job to walk around on 4 inch stilts. Mphosis has nice, classy designs although I don't actually own any shoes from mphosis because their soles are totally smooth and I find it rather dangerous to wear shoes with no grip on the soles..u may just slip when the floor's too smooth/wet.

Comment

Working...
                              X