Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Travel, Sports & Messenger Bags

what do you sling?
    Mostly will be a shoulder sling pouch. If bringing SLR camera, then will only be a haversack that has a camera compartment at the bottom.

what do you hand carry on plane?
    Haversack! Definitely! With or without camera.

Re: Re: Travel & Messenger Bags

what do you sling?
    In winter, I would carry a shoulder bag for every day. It goes better with coats. For summers, I like to carry a big sling (bought a red Kipling in Florence previously for this purpose because the sling I was carrying gave way; not a Kipling fan usually but it's durable and light-weight enough for touting. Le Sport Sac is actually another good brand for its weight) which can carry my camera, my maps, my wallet, passport and most importantly, a 1l water bottle. The Gucci one is cute, but not practical for for me.

Mine's a brick red but I love this one more!

Haversack too. I carry a leather haversack (bought in HK) with me, and put almost everything from the sling mentioned above, plus more.
    Last edited by kare2711; 10-01-2004, 10:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sky

Anyone has a Gucci messenger bag? Gimme a reason to smile
      Me! Er...Its just okay honestly, nothing to shout or rant about. The one I have (I think you should have seen it before, I use it quite alot.) is another design from the one you posted.

If you're looking for one to travel with, its a good choice; Straps can be shortened or lengthened, versatile and spacious enough to carry around my wallet, passport, tissue, few tiny MU items.

Comment

Re: Travel & Messenger Bags

When traveling...

<li> what do you sling?
        - my bigger than A4 mango beige with red trimming messenger bag that stores lots of stuff, including a laptop if i'm on a work trip...i big messenger bags when travelling with space to spare for DFS shopping if possible

<li> what do you hand carry on plane?
        - nothing, i'm a strong advocate of light travelling

Comment

Re: Travel &amp; Messenger Bags

When traveling...

<li> what do you sling?
          my trusty crumpler "super snipe". this was the only picture i could find (cause its the older design)

mine's the black version while my sister has the red version.

<li> what do you hand carry on plane?
          either my crumpler bag or a mambo backpack. both are great for carrying lots of stuff (last minute dfs shopping, books and magazines to read, notebooks, some toiletries, sweater, water bottle, snacks etc) but i can carry more with the mambo cause its bigger.

Comment

Originally posted by Sky

Anyone has a Gucci messenger bag? Gimme a reason to smile
            Me too. But I sold it away as It's too flat and can't hold much stuff. When I stuff everything inside, it just goes out of shape.

It really depends where I go. If I'm backpacking in Malaysia and Thailand, I will just be sloppy and carry by X-Large sling bag or Oakley (imitation) haversack. I travel light and not be eye-catching. Both my bf and I are realllllly sloppy.

If travelling in style with my aunt...it's a different story

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Travel &amp; Messenger Bags

what do you sling?
              My trusty Coach bag!
              Perfect for travelling because of its size and how easy it is to match the bag.

I carry my Coach bag and a Samsonite Cabin Luggage.

Comment

When traveling...

what do you sling?
                a big haversack for me only. i cant really balance myself with a big sling bag. dunno why.

usually that haversack, a cabin-sized luggage and my laptop. hoho! usually had a hard time walking down the aisle with those

Comment

What do you sling:

Any of my smaller handbags to carry passport, wallet, money and some make up.

What do you handcarry:
                  Vintage Samsonite Royal traveller hand carry bag. Got it in an overseas flea market for USD$3

Comment

What do I carry up the plane?

For longer haul flights and to cold climate places where i need a jacket, i'll carry my Coach Travel Duffle. Mine is a black one.

Comment

i usually carry just my haversack everywhere i go when i'm travelling. i'm a big slob and i backpack so no point carrying expensive bags (not that i have any to start with )

Comment

Re: Travel &amp; Messenger Bags

i usually carry only a tote bag.

essentials:

1. big bottle of water
                        2. face mist
                        3. hand cream
                        4. book
                        5. eye mask
                        6. socks
                        7. pashmina

i perfer to travel light and hate to carry bags to the aircraft. i've seen this girl who wore a waist pouch. in it, she had her hp, wallet and passport.

side note: i've the samsonite cabin bag too and find that although it's big in size, it doesn't carry much. check out the new range from samsonite. it's more spacious.

Comment

I prefer to travel light too, esp. for long flights usually carry a sling bag, which will contain my essentials like moisturiser, book, facial wash, contact lens case etc...remember when i went to San Francisco, i just wore a tee-shirt and denim skirt, my mother was shocked

Comment

Re: Re: Travel &amp; Messenger Bags

Originally posted by duckiee
                            When traveling...

<li> what do you sling?
                            my trusty crumpler "super snipe". this was the only picture i could find (cause its the older design)
                            hi there,
                            do you know where to get crumpler in sg? i want to buy one for my bf whose nike sling bag got requisitioned by his sister

TIA!

Comment

hi nywoe, IIRC, i've seen crumpler at wheelock place.

Comment

Working...
                              X