Solely shoes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Solely shoes

Shoes, shoes, shoes. There's just no getting enough of them. As we need new clothes for every season, we need new shoes to complement them. Shoe fanatics unite. Let?s discuss about shoes.

Which are your favorite shops?

Are you adventurous with colors or is your collection predominantly single tone?

How do you care for your shoes?

What are the must have (for you) this season?

Pics, please! I want to be tempted.

My shoes are mostly bought from Charles & Keiths. I also like Everbest pumps for work. But their designs have been very boring recently. I also like to shop at Americaya or URS for ideas. Some of the shoes are nice.

Are you adventurous with colors or is your collection predominantly single tone?
    Most of my shoes are in black. Yeah, I know .. black is quite boring. I have one pair of slip-ons in moroon and another pair of wedges in beige. I'm trying to add a few more new colors to my shoes collection.

After each use, i will clean and air them in the open before putting them back into the boxes. I will add in 1 or 2 (white ones, not colored) moth balls in each box.

I'm looking for a pair of pumps(slings back or not), peep-toe (designs), wedges(yes! I love them!), cross-but-not-too-strappy heels, shoes with nice kitten heels(i'm missing my pair of (denim jeans material) shoes which I bought from Taipei ), a pair of sneakers and lastly, a pair of boots.

Nine West - Dewey
    Last edited by dolphin; 17-02-2004, 12:04 PM.

Comment

Re: Solely shoes

What a timely thread! I'm on the lookout for more shoes. I'm so in the mood to buy shoes now.

Currently, VNC. Cheap and good. A pity it's quite out of the way for me.

Not really. Even if I have colours, it's splashes of colours on a neutral base. The boldest I dare venture is red. Otherwise, my colour palettes are black, brown, nudes mostly. I don't even dare wear white shoes!

Don't really care for them. Like Huiping, I usually leave them in the open overnight and then keep them the next morning, where I take out another pair to wear. In my little shoe room, I put a jar of the Thirsty Hippo to absorb the moisture.

I'm looking for nice working, comfortable sandals. I realise I don't have a pair of gorgeous sandals to wear.

I'm also eyeing the Stuart Weitzman shoes forever! I used to hang out at Paragon and will definitely save some saliva for drooling at the shoes at the SW store there! I truly believe that expensive shoes are of good quality and can last me years. Cheap shoes are well, cheap and good for the pocket, but they hardly last me beyond 3 years.

On my to-buy list is also a pair of Birkenstocks.

Comment

From VS

VS - Bow Sandals

VS - Peep Toe Kidskin Pump

VS - Peep Toe Pumps

VS- Knotted Slingback

I'm lemming for some of these designs. Wished that VS has a store here.
        Last edited by dolphin; 17-02-2004, 12:03 PM.

Comment

Re: Re: Solely shoes

Too excited about pics. Here's mine

Nine West and most recently VNC. There are so many designs at very affordable prices at the latter. Main problem though - wear out my first pair bought there within 3 months.

Relatively good array of colors but have not tried Red

Don't take care of them at all. For work I usually end up wearing one pair to death each time.

Wedges and sandals for me.

Comment

Re: Solely shoes

No favourite shops but I do buy my shoes from the usual stores like VNC, Espirit, Xodus and sometimes like Celedon, Mphosis, GG<5.

As you all know that I'm no girly girl, I pay attention to the colour and material of my shoes very much like denim, felt, corduroy, suede, tweed etc etc. Yes, I pay more attention to colours and material than anything. My shoe collection has more colours than my wabrobe.

I just place them on my open shoe rack at the corner of the house.

Colours and loud logos. Let everyone knows what you are wearing! How about that Chanel Scholl?? I know I am probably crazy but I do think having a pair of Steve Madden Iglous Boots in pink is cool, not in Singapore though.

For a start, I'm buying lotsa Coach shoes off ebay. Dimples should know that
            Last edited by raebelasian; 25-02-2004, 03:51 PM.

Comment

A great poll for shoes fanatics like myself!

I love marc jacobs but no i don't have any of their footwear. :roll: Im adventurous so i don't have a fav shop but i move my aim ard FEP, Wisma, Queensway, ard the island and online.

Absolutely! I love red, pink, white and mixture of yellow and turquoise. Black is a must have too.

I store them in shoe bags neatly in boxes inside my shoe cabinet. Wash them occasionally too.

Birkenstocks denim, more havianas, ribbon heels, more gola hi cut, adidas maryjanes, arnold palmer maryjane, Dr Scholl's sandals in rainbow colors and pumps. I love them !!!!!

Comment

Hey raebelasian !

That coach mary jane is SO pretty. Good taste!
                How's the fit? Comfy?

Comment

hey! i heard a lot of raves from cotters about the adidas tetsuya range. but i cant seem to find any pictures on it. where is it available and price range?

Comment

Re: Re: Solely shoes

Originally posted by raebelasian
                    I know I am probably crazy but I do think having a pair of Steve Madden Iglous Boots in pink is cool, not in Singapore though.

I used to have a pair that's very similar to this. Not boots though. Wore it in my dorm during the cold winter months.

Comment

I love all kinds of shoes! Particularly CAMPER SHOES!!!!!!! I like the twins range, and their lovely mary janes. Who else loves? I heard in spain there's a factory outlet, colleague of mine has 3 camper shoes, each 80SGD each! I'm into interesting twists on designs, retropop, good materials. I also llike a little bit of ethnic finishes, so I sometimes get shoes from x:odus.

I don't like overdose of colours but i love tasteful colour combis, olive green, turqoises, chocolate browns, reds and orange touches! (not all at once!)

Very badly. Shoe cabinet, some collect dust. I need to start caring for them better starting today.

Adidas maryjanes, some cute pumps from trendy zone, camper twins and mary janes

Comment

hello!

where can we buy those lovely designer scholls?

Comment

Originally posted by xuxurella
                          hey! i heard a lot of raves from cotters about the adidas tetsuya range. but i cant seem to find any pictures on it. where is it available and price range?
                          Think you may need to check this out IRL. The pic on the Adidas Japan website seems to be gone.

Price : $99. I got mine at Adidas Suntec City outlet. I saw these at S+K outlet in Wisma too.

Comment

Originally posted by ponine
                            That coach mary jane is SO pretty. Good taste!
                            How's the fit? Comfy?
                            Have yet to receive this and I hope this fits well. Will let you know

Comment

Originally posted by raebelasian
                              Have yet to receive this and I hope this fits well. Will let you know
                              You bought this, Rac? I like this pair a lot more than the other one. Must show us one of the days.

Comment

Working...
                              X