Comfortable flats with spongy soles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comfortable flats with spongy soles

Don?t u find that Charles and keith ,VNC soles are basically a rubber piece? No padding at all, I went to so many places, beside these 2, noda, bata, marie clare, all sell flats which would hurt walking after a long day. Anyone can recommend a place that sells flats with spongy soles since so many of us wear them? SO far only swank has a pair, but no design at all, it?s just a black coloured slipper.

A couple of years ago Tangs Studio used to stock a series of suede-soled sandals by Hush Puppies. They came in black, white and I think tan. Sooo comfy! I wore out two pairs in two years. Wore them to school every day. They still have them now, but for some reason I feel they're not as well-made any more, and the designs are so so ugly compared to back then.

Other than that, maybe Birkenstocks? Some of their designs now can be quite girly

I also got a black pair of leather slip-ons from Hue some time back. Not as good as my beloved Hush Puppies, but they'll have to do

Comment

I find that Mphosis flat are not bad for walking.

Comment

how about scholl? they look quite similar to birkenstocks but aren't that expensive, very comfy too.

i think i have a pair of the hush puppies sandles that nywoe is talking about! it's really really comfortable! i got it about 2/3 years ago.

Comment

birkenstocks for sure!

Comment

Hi Sherise,

Have you tried Pedal Works? I was at their Eastpoint outlet a couple of days ago, and ended up with three rather comfy, padded sandals/ flats.

There are lots of designs, though the ones with the padded soles aren't as stylish as some might like, but you might want to take a look. They have shoes for very big sizes (all the way up to 13 or 14), so I was really happy to discover it.

Branches are at:

Tiong Bahru Plaza (#01-10)
            Eastpoint (#01-26)
            Jurong Point (#01-43)
            The AMARA (#02-06)
            Thomson Plaza (#03-47)

HTH!

Comment

I bought Hush Puppies with "air cushion" insole. Rubbish! Hard as anything after a few days' wear, but the sole grip is good.

There's another range of Hush Puppies with padded insole, very comfortable, but beware the sole grip (which contacts the floor). This range's sole is great for all surfaces but dangerously slippery on carpet.

Scholl's has some new funky-coloured flats with padded insoles, also very comfortable, if you can get past it's not-so-trendy reputation Also, there may not be much support on the top part of shoe in the sense it can fly off your feet while walking quickly down stairs. The sole grip is not very good but still ok, just take more care on slippery wet surfaces!

Birkenstock is sadly not as comfortable insole-wise compared to Hush Puppies padded insole range as well as Scholl's. However, the sole grip is FANTASTIC. Case in point, some kid was running in a wet public toilet and fell right next to me. I was fine with my Birkenstock soles. The sales demonstrates by sliding it across glass surface, and you can always test it in their carpeted showroom, as well as on the polished granite flooring outside their showroom.

Comment

I've got a pair of the new candy-coloured Scholl sandals in lilac. Its really comfy and I even wore it to Bangkok for my shopping expedition!!
                There was certainly some resistance towards the brandname (aunties and mum's favourite brand) and the sandals are not dressy enough but i've not regretted getting this coz its really very comfortable!

Comment

Cole Haan! Especially the G Series shoes using Nike Air technology. It's not cheap but I get colleagues and friends to pick them up for me from the US when they travel.

angie

Comment

Angie! The heels are gorgeous (sorry, not really a flats girl, though I know they're much better for my feet.) Where can I see them in S'pore?

http://www.colehaan.com/gseries/cata...egoryId=300363

Comment

They have a small corner at the Taka shoe department opposite Bruno Magli and a small shop at Paragon opposite the escalator leading to Metro on the ground floor.

I just asked a colleague to bring this back from the US, keeping my fingers crossed that he'll be able to find it for me

http://www.colehaan.com/colehaan/cat...ductGroup=4966

Also eyeing this and already tried it on in the shop, it's super comfy!

http://www.colehaan.com/colehaan/cat...ductGroup=1170

Prices here are really outrageous though, often more than double US retail. I've bought a couple of pair on Ebay and also on Nordstrom when they've gone on sale.

angie

Comment

Thanks! Do they bring in everything here? I must try before ordering, and I notice that some are on sale right now!

Comment

I think they bring in most of the styles. Definitely try them out first, I found out I take 1/2 size larger in the dressier shoes compared to the more casual designs. HTH!

angie

Comment

I tried on one of their sandals today - bit on the narrow side. I probably need 1/2 size larger than usual too.

Comment

Re: Comfortable flats with spongy soles

Originally posted by Sherise
                              Anyone can recommend a place that sells flats with spongy soles since so many of us wear them? SO far only swank has a pair, but no design at all, it?s just a black coloured slipper.
                              Forgot to mention... it's worth checking out sport shops. Puma, Nike and Addidas all have some pretty stylish slides or slip ons and they should be pretty comfy.

angie

Comment

Working...
                              X