Haversack / Backpack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Haversack / Backpack

Wanted: A medium-ish haversack that is classic (timeless design), hardy, durable, trendy and *not* shapeless (ie, if I have little things in there, it still retains its shape well). Something that goes well with super casual to smart casual wear.
    Budget: Ard $1500

Anyone owns a LV Ellipse Backpack? How roomy is it?
    Does LV have any backpacks/haversacks under the Damier Canvas range?

Base on the above order, what would you recommend apart from LV?

Thanks a million!
    Last edited by mango; 11-06-2004, 10:25 AM.

Suddenly thought of Prada- How's the durability like? Do they last long and wear well? For those of you who had a Prada backpack/haversack, how long did you have yours before they start being worn out? What's your usage like?

Comment

Wow, you really got a big budget, huh?

My baby bag cost less than half of what your budget is and I actually feel quite bad (thought I spend too much) Cos I was spending more on a bag than my baby's cot!

Anyway, can't help you at all cos I'm not into big names (where bags are concern, cannot justify my spending).

Hope someone will help you out soon.

Comment

Actually I haven't really decided if I'll definitely get one that cost this much, but no harm looking around and knowing my options. I figured a backpack is easier to bring around- leaves me hand free for my baby and the stroller + barang. Plus, everytime I splurge this much on an item, I'll end up using it almost forever, so in the long run makes more economic sense than getting a cheaper bag which I tend to get sick of and leave it to rot in my closet.
        That's why I want something super durable and versatile- so that I wont have to go bag hunting again for a while.

BTW, how much did you pay for your pretty diaper bag?

And girls, I really need feedback on prada backpacks in terms of durability- thanks!!
        Last edited by mango; 11-06-2004, 04:09 PM.

Comment

hey mango,
          the prada's backpack is definitely worth the splurge...i had mine since end 1998 and it had been serving me well. only thing is over time, the material of the bag might get stained and the service centre can't do anything much about it. after so long, the material still seems sturdy in a way, unlike those fake ones

Comment

Originally posted by tinkling
            hey mango,
            the prada's backpack is definitely worth the splurge...i had mine since end 1998 and it had been serving me well. only thing is over time, the material of the bag might get stained and the service centre can't do anything much about it. after so long, the material still seems sturdy in a way, unlike those fake ones
            So if I get a black one, the material staining problem should be reduced, and can I say that a Prada haversack will last me at least 2 years with consistent/regular usage?

Thanks for your reply dear!
            Last edited by mango; 11-06-2004, 04:09 PM.

Comment

staining would sorta be reduced, but mine's black too, and i get white patches over it...think over time it can't be avoided unless u really take good care of your bag.no probs!

Comment

yup prada would be a good long term investment..
                so is gucci !!

Comment

Originally posted by birki
                  yup prada would be a good long term investment..
                  so is gucci !!
                  Hmmm... my gucci bags never lasted very long. I had two in cloth material and both didnt look so good after a year or so. For one of them, the base portion(exterior) was a little worn out after so-so usage of just a year and I didn't think it was very worth the money. Well, maybe their bags in other material will last longer?

Any specific range you were referring to?

Comment

Girls, if you know of any other brands of haversacks/backpacks that fits the description but not big labels, do share as well. So long as it looks good (er...no 'mountaineering' sorts) and is durable and versatile, I'll be interested to check it out.

Comment

Gucci sale is now on. So, if you are looking at this brand, it could probably be a good time to buy.

Chris, I have my Gucci backpack for more than 5 years now and it still refuse to die.

Comment

personally never own a gucci haversack although the one that my friend is using seems pretty hardy...

perhaps you can try coach?? i have one large duffle sac for 1+ year and its still in pretty good shape...moreover their stuff is known for being quite durable yah...

Latest Design(although the designs may be unavailable locally :-

http://www.coach.com/shop/product_no...e=&easyask_id=
                        Last edited by birki; 12-06-2004, 10:13 AM.

Comment

Oh dear!!! why did you put in this link!!!!!!

I am falling in love with this:-

It look really sturdy and functional.

Comment

Went to Gucci yesterday to check out their sale, didn't see any backpacks that caught my eyes. Went over to Prada instead, I do like the size of their larger haversack in black/brown, but when I remove all the stuffing inside, the bag kinda flops a little and becomes shapeless. Went to Coach next- nothing screamed(or even whispered) out to me. Crossed the road and off I went to LV- the medium backpack in Mono canvas is a less roomy than I'd like, and the large is way too big.

LOL...not sure if I should be sad that I still can't find the perfect backpack or if I should be happy that this means I don't even have to decide to get it or not.

The search goes on......

Comment

Originally posted by mango
                              Went over to Prada instead, I do like the size of their larger haversack in black/brown, but when I remove all the stuffing inside, the bag kinda flops a little and becomes shapeless.
                              I think why the bag becomes shapeless is because the bag's not 'seasoned' yet. Not good at explaining

I've always like Prada because of it's clean, simple, classic and understated design. They last forever like what other cotters mentioned. I'm especially 'rough' with my stuff but they've served me well. You don't have to worry about the durability since some have served me since 1997.

Comment

Working...
                              X