Bag those bags!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bag those bags!

Since there's a thread on where to get nice shoes, I thought a thread for bags will be most appropriate.

First off, my main selfish reason for starting this thread is a question.

Where can this suaku *moutain tortoise get a Marc Jocobs bag?

Hi Karen!

Belle at the Grand Hyatt used to carry a small range of Marc Jacobs bags, not sure if they are still available.

I'm looking for a new bag for work so I'll be watching this thread too! I've got lots of fun bags for weekends but during the week I'm too lazy to move my stuff from bag to bag so I've decided to find a nice basic. Any suggestions?

angie

Comment

Originally posted by ae260
      Hi Karen!

Belle at the Grand Hyatt used to carry a small range of Marc Jacobs bags, not sure if they are still available.

I'm looking for a new bag for work so I'll be watching this thread too! I've got lots of fun bags for weekends but during the week I'm too lazy to move my stuff from bag to bag so I've decided to find a nice basic. Any suggestions?

angie
      Oh then don't think they are going to have the small leather stuff, huh?

You're going to regret asking me because I'm going to rattle off the big brands. And really, I think you should get yourself one really nice expensive bag. A classic. Plus, you're tall and can easily carry off most of the designs.

Comment

I dont see MJ bags at Belle anymore. Think they r having sales now, maybe thats the reason

Comment

Actually Belle does carry the MJ wallets & couple small accessories.

Comment

What is a good working bag to bag ?

I need something that is not too small (I carry junks in my bag :p) and maybe priced below $300.

Brands like LV and Gucci are way out of my league and yet i find the Renoma-s and the Bonia-s too common.

And yes i rather find something that lasts and classic.

Comment

Originally posted by kare2711

You're going to regret asking me because I'm going to rattle off the big brands. And really, I think you should get yourself one really nice expensive bag. A classic. Plus, you're tall and can easily carry off most of the designs.
              I'm going to try and find something not too expensive My office has a weird culture... if you carry branded goods, eyebrows get raised (as if the higher ups think you're getting too much $$$) :roll:

I like Furla bags but so far nothing in their current collection is catching my eye.

angie

Comment

How about Agnes B? Numerous designs/styles to pick from, looks good and stylish/classic enough, mid-range pricing ($200-$500 n above) and not overly common. Can be found at Isetan at shaw.

Comment

Originally posted by ae260
                  My office has a weird culture... if you carry branded goods, eyebrows get raised (as if the higher ups think you're getting too much $$$) :roll:

wow, you're serious? So no one in your office carries a nice gucci/LV/Prada to work??

Comment

Belle

Think it's closed (for renovation?) now. So if anyone is thinking of going down, don't waste your trip.

Comment

Originally posted by mango
                      wow, you're serious? So no one in your office carries a nice gucci/LV/Prada to work??
                      Well, we have one or two brave souls that do carry branded bags but like I said, eyebrows get raised and there are always comments when anyone carries new branded bag.

angie

Comment

i think white leather bags are a big hit item recently, i saw a few nice ones from perlinis" (correct spelling??) but the workmanship and leather quality not very good.... can't be compared to those i see in japanese mags and websites

i love this one!!!

Comment

Thanks, creayu for sharing the bag. It's gorgeous!

Comment

the white leather bag looks lovely! would love to carry one like that when i land myself a job

i'm now looking for a gym bag, something big enough for track shoes and change of clothes, a bag of toiletries, 500ml bottle, and a book. aside from those nike/addidas bag, i hope to find a more girly one that looks good when i have changed out of my gym gear and matches heels! anyone?

what bags do you girls carry to gym?

Comment

well that bag is really pretty!!! wish i could have my hands on those.... wonder if they hav it anywhere in Singapore though. *sigh*

Gym bags? hmm... i'm currently scouting for one too.... been to roxy, nike and addidas.... but nothing caught my eye....

Comment

Working...
                              X