Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vernis
    these are those sold by Bluefly, etc??
    vernis .. if that question was for me .. um my colleague bought her handbag from Gucci boutique in Venice and Milan. after euro conversion and tax rebate .. cost her 300 bucks plus minus only ..

Comment

Originally posted by gloria_gloria
      I've bought from her before!! A gucci wallet and I found the fabric are of inferior quality than the one in stores. That's why I've stopped buying from online auction nowadays.

then u didnt complain to her abt quality. I heard there's a money back guarantee?

Comment

That's a few months before I realised it. So I think it's a bit too late to complain to her....
        I only realise it when I bought a few Gucci bags from local boutique.

Comment

gloria_gloria .. ask you .. the boutique items you bought does it have the semi 3d pop-up feel if you run your fingers over the gucci logo?

Comment

Yes! And when you put the bag under light and try to see from different angle, you will see different shade of the bag.
            And the cloth give you a smooth feelings! The one I bought from her...hmm... the cloth is very sticky.

Comment

oooh .. ok I think i'm a bit "dead-meat" so i can't tell on my wallet. my wallet so far only complain i have is the corner has 2 tiny tiny thread-end sort of sticking out.

You know we all shared to buy a boston bag from her to give a gf as farewell present. She told me later she took the boston bag with her on a dinner and the toilet in that restaurant had UV light .. seems like there are some markings on the bag?!?! Maybe we should check ours at some nightclubs

Comment

Nowadays very hard to differentiate fake bags....too real already...

Comment

Yeap it does give reflective light for some materials (Canvas) IIRC because they use some sort of silk thread which gives you a silky feel at the same time. Poor Gloria... hope you got over it already

Anyway the safest like all the other cotters suggested - get from the boutique. Just a few hundreds more for the assurance. Unless you know the seller, try not to take the risk.
                  Just my 2 cents!!
                  Last edited by lele; 23-02-2005, 04:50 PM.

Comment

hmmm this is weird.

i bought a gucci wallet for a friend before from vern and we went to verify it at gucci paragon. The SA said that it's authetic. Till today the wallet is still good and such.

Comment

haha. So many different views.
                      Seems like there got to be some Pros and Cons.

Comment

that's why you have to ask yourself what you can afford to risk....
                        if I pay half the price but discover its a fake I will

Comment

I agree with cclia, I'll also :Doh: myself. I'd rather pay abit more to set my mind at ease.

Comment

if got intention to re-sell will be another headache.

Comment

Originally posted by kestrel
                              beats me too! if i know, I'll go there buy straight!!!!! hahahhaaa alternatively, do what my colleague did. she went to venice and milan for honeymoon and everyone on that tour group bought at least 4 pieces of gucci bags all at half price. she brought hers to office to show it to us ... sigh. SGD$300 for a gucci handbag where to find in singapore?!?!?
                              Small handbags are cheap right? $300 for big handbags?? Any pictures of bags to show which are the ones etc?

Comment

Re: Re: Re: yahoo auctions

Originally posted by kestrel
                                yar she said something about her suppliers being the same people that supply to DFS .. but anyways as long as we all benefit i guess i won't care?!!

Forgot to add: DFS owns most of the brands they carry....

Comment

Working...
                                X