Our Designer Bags/Items Collections

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Our Designer Bags/Items Collections

Hohoho, finally had a chance to take pictures of my precious items here. This serves as a good memory for me that I am assets-rich-cash-poor. This thread was suggested by Caramelgirl, I thought it was a good idea indeed. I am sure many of you have even more items. Looking forward to seeing all your pictures here as well.

Btw, can you guess which was my first designer item??

hmm... meisim, i expected to see more actually. Hehehe...

Your virgin designer purchase? I'll guess the LV duffel bag on the left. Yes yES?

Comment

Caramelgirl, that's all in my collection. So I wasn't as crazy as you thought, huh?

Hehe, my first one was the LV wallet right in the middle, given to me by my SO 3 or 4 years ago. It still looks as good as new although I use it everyday. The next one was the LV twin pouchette on the extreme right, also given by him one year later. Thereafter I got out of hand and went into the bags craze, bought myself the rest over these few years. This year alone, I got 3 new items. The most recent item was the Burberry's tote.

I am bad. Ever since I have been carrying these bags, I can no longer use normal bags. Very very bad. My colleague said this is common, just like if you are used to driving cars, you will find it difficult to go take public transport. She is nice to console me, isn't she?

The rest of you, please share your pics!!

Comment

Time changes a person. Meisim, there is always hope for u!

It is hard at first to kick but as u gain more fun buying assorted of funny, unique creations, u can throw the towel l.iao

i started off by selling them... heart pain at 1st but getting cheaper cult brands can be a joy too.

:booty: Come, join the Convert Club

Comment

No-auntie vernis, thanks I will redeem myself soon. Thinking of selling away 2 or more of my bags above. Hope I will join your club in time to come!

Comment

Originally posted by bee
            Hehe, my first one was the LV wallet right in the middle, given to me by my SO 3 or 4 years ago.
            Hmm... i hope it's still the same SO after all these years.

Sorry, I guess i don't have any to contribute to this thread since i'm not into this. But i'm sure there's many many many many of you out there who are. Maybe just too busy or lazy to take shots of them. It can be a hassle to take them out one by one from their dust bags and can be so tiring if you have tonnes of them. LoL!

Comment

mine are older collection so sleepy so i hesitating to snap too.

i sold mine to Indonesia , some ex-maids or students using them now i think.

Comment

Originally posted by CaramelGirl
                Hmm... i hope it's still the same SO after all these years.
                oh yes, of course same SO!! We are together 7 years plus already, haha. Sorry OT.

Comment

Well well... here's my collections. Though not a lot of all bought using my hard-earned cash . Proud of myself

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y23...llections2.jpg
                  http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y23...ollections.jpg

My first item is the key holder. bf bought for me in Feb 2001 for $165 then.

Second item is the Papillon. I paid mostly for it (some sponsors from bf) in Feb 2004 for $930.

Third item is the most common Pouchette. Bought it when I was jobless in April 2004 for $435. Really shouldn't since it has raised price soooooo much.

Fourth item is the snap billfold wallet. Cost $675 is July 2004. (To celebrate me getting a quite ok job )

The last one of my collections is the Petit N.O.E. Bought in Feb this year after getting one month bonus in Jan. Costs me $1140 iirc.

Funny, I remember all the other prices by heart except for the newest one.

Comment

i think i am adnormal. my collection ranges from bags of all sizes, wallets too. about 8 wallets alone

Comment

Thanks for sharing your pictures, pinkdewy. I used my hard-earned cash too, that's why I said I am assets-rich-cash-poor. You are cute, still listed the reasons for buying. For me, most of the reasons : Like-so-I-buy, without thinking of whether my wallet allows or not

btw, I like papillion too! But not too sure if the price exceeds $1,000 already. If you all noticed, none of my bags exceed $1,000 by itself, haha, would like to keep it that way, at least for now.

No-auntie vernis, you are not abnormal, don't worry. I also have one pair of hands only, but so many bags, don't know for what, haha.

Comment

Hi Bee, thanks for sharing your collections.

Just a question to designer bag lovers: I believed not all designer bags have appreciating value, right? Can share some tips on selecting one that has?

Thank you!

Comment

Goodness me Vernis... 8 wallets for you?

Originally posted by vernis
                          i think i am adnormal. my collection ranges from bags of all sizes, wallets too. about 8 wallets alone

Comment

Hi bee, great idea to start this thread. You are right about the assets-rich-cash-poor thing.
                            Sometimes I just find that after going into the shop and browsing and trying to carry the bag, there is no stopping me to buy. If I don't get it on the same day itself, I will feel very uneasy and cannot sleep well. So I will have to re-visit the shop in the next few days and accomplish my task then I can sleep soundly. :wow:

Comment

Originally posted by naughtygirl
                              Hi Bee, thanks for sharing your collections.

Just a question to designer bag lovers: I believed not all designer bags have appreciating value, right? Can share some tips on selecting one that has?

Thank you!
                              Hi naughtygirl, I do not have too much knowledge on this issue but just share what I know.
                              For LV bags, as long as is an everlasting collection, the price will appreciate every few months. Take for example, the Pouchette. It cost something like $160 in 1997 but it has appreciated so much over the years. Therefore, a lot of people like to buy LV due to a lot of people think LV got "value".
                              That's my worth.

Comment

Working...
                              X