Blazers! Jackets!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blazers! Jackets!

girls, i'm in LOVE with blazers right now, and really lemming a preppy one in a neutral-ish colour-cream, brown, dusty rose or olive-in a lux, heavy fabric-either velvet or corduroy, to wear with jeans or more formal stuff for work and presentations. Something like this:

I'd love the cut to be very fitted. I've tried the ones at Forever 21 but they don't fit me very well. Has anybody seen nice ones around? I've seen some at the GAP, Delia*s and AE websites, but i have no idea what the fit is like. Any rants or raves?

I've loved blazers and jackets all along but just can't afford good ones I recently found a tweed one at OZOC at $109 and I took the plunge cos it's too good a deal to miss!

Comment

oh [email protected] i forgot bout tweed! is it very thick? what've you worn it with so far?

Comment

Jcrew has very nice blazers and suit. Their cut and design looks quite classic but their prices are quite high, even during their sales.

I find those at forever21 have very poor quality

Comment

I saw many lovely jackets at Zara today! Not blazers though! But most costs $100 & above

Comment

Jemay, is the Zara sale still on? Do the jackets cost below $200?

Pardon me, Pixie. I think it's not really tweed (20% wool).. but it looks like tweed to me, haha! I actually bought a pair of matching pants too I didn't see the pants initially and was eyeing another pair which has *folded seams* at the ankles - sorry what's the term for such a design? The cutting of OZOC bottoms is so varied! The smallest size 36 is invariably too huge for me. BTW, the pants came with a black satin sash

I envision wearing the jacket with a plain white T and jeans. And my Renoma pointed pumps

I saw on another thread you cinched a great haul again At the Tanglin flea? How do you guys sift them out?? I'm so envious! I've been there once and I was too hot and bothered to stay long. Am just not hardcore enough I guess, haha!

Comment

i dont think its worth buying a tweed one because tweed is not going to be tredny for long.

Comment

No Zara sale now! I see most below 200, not those executive one though. I was right back at the end "teenager" section

Ya, u r right. Got to be real hardcore, be able to stand the heat and sweat while digging for treasure!

Comment

fcuk and warehouse has nice blazers/jackets too..
                  tweed has become sort of like a classic item to own... zara has nice tweed jackets and blazers this season!

Comment

Tweed IS classic. I really don't care for trends I'm wayyy past being a fad follower..

Hey Jemay, the last time I was at Zara, I refused to leave that section until I've tried the shoes and all! Yah I know you've gotten yourself quite a haul! I don't always check out FOTD but do you post up pix of yourself in those great buys? Do that soon!
                    Last edited by Glossie; 21-11-2004, 12:09 AM.

Comment

I agree that tweed is a classic and will never go out of style. That's a great price for a tweed blazer Glossie, good buy!

Comment

Yes, Erica, that's why I just had to get it, even if I have to starve on air now.. it's the last one on the rack - it's a sign!

Anyway, I know I said it's tweed but I'm not super sure cos I can't read Japanese! It's 20% wool and something else. And I forgot to ask the shop girl It's not the trademark plaid design but it's like a very blended grey and white to me

Found this glossary for fabrics: http://www.lakelandssc.com/fashional...shiongloss.htm

Comment

Well, as long as you like the blazer. I love blazer, they're so versatile. It's definitely worth paying a little more for one that's well cut and fits you well.

Comment

Yep, spot on. So hard to find something that fits plus flatter BTW, pardon me but what's the difference between a blazer and a jacket? I've always called it a jacket (the picture Pixie's posted)!

Comment

Jacket is more general whereas blazer refers to a more specific style. A blazer is a lightweight jacket with lapels and front pockets, and usually single breasted I believe.

Comment

Working...
                              X