Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tailors to alter clothes!

Hello gals!

I need your help! I have some jeans that are too long (I have short legs....) and some sleeveless tops that have armholes that are too big ( yes and I am flat-chested too!)

Do you gals know any good tailors that do alternation? Please tell me and state the price also! TIA!

There's this shop in Far East, small shop, very near Han's, sorry i forgot the name but i went there once to alter the length of my jeans, $5, they did it in half an hr

remembered when i was there, a foreign tourist also went to alter her clothes, she was gonna fly off a few days later, so i assume they're pretty good...

Comment

Thank you! will go and check it out!

Comment

far east has some tailors there who can alter your jeans within the same day. had mind altered for $8. abit ex. i can't recall the exact name of the shop. it's on the same level as 77th street. in a corner. sorry, not much help here! my friend had her whole dress altered there. it was a job well done.

Comment

So glad that kab started this thread!

I need to find a good tailor that can tailor-made pants for me. Pants from most good brands don't fit me. I know that there are a few tailor shops at Chinatown but I need to know specifically if their specialty is tailor-made pants

Any suggestions will be deeply, deeply appreciated!

Comment

Had my jeans altered already! I did it at the shop pauline mentioned. $5. pretty ok workmanship.

Thank you Pauline for the rec!!!

Comment

yaay! glad to be of help
              Last edited by Glossie; 24-02-2005, 10:48 PM.

Comment

alteration

not sure whether should be posted in this topic... but wanna ask whether anyone knows of places that can do length alteration and yet still maintain the end....

i bought a levis 593 with the washed finish...with slight frays....
                but wanna to alter the length and still maintain the frays.... went to queensway to ask around but the people say they will just cut the length and fold it up....

i've got a friend who had hers jeans altered in hongkong.... couldn't really see that she had it altered.... wonder whether Singapore tailors has this technique....

Comment

i think there's this shop in peninsula that could do that. they are able to alter engineered jeans while still retaining the curved hem. i think my colleague mentioned that they could also alter jeans retaining the frayed hem. check with your local levis store for the tailor's contact (just ask for the number/place to alter engineered jeans)

Comment

really.... thanx alot... been looking for so long....
                    peninsula plaza.... will go over one of these days to look for it...
                    Last edited by Glossie; 24-02-2005, 10:49 PM.

Comment

Pls LMK when you found them cos I have a 519 that is realllyyyy tooo long and they are not bringing in shorter length So I really need to alter it TIA

Comment

anymore places where you know such alteration available?
                        will go search around one fine day....

Comment

Originally posted by teiko
                          Pls LMK when you found them cos I have a 519 that is realllyyyy tooo long and they are not bringing in shorter length So I really need to alter it TIA
                          hey teiko,
                          just went far east yesterday and found 1 shop that claims could offer such service. It's Michelle Alteration at 03-126. cost $10.

Comment

Thanks! Will have a looksee You bringing down yours?? BTW, it is far east plaza right?? :huh:

Comment

yesterday went down purely for shopping.... didn't bring along my jeans.... just ask ask only.... who knows they really can do so... hee... so happy... finally found the shop.....

yup at far east plaza....
                              Last edited by Glossie; 24-02-2005, 10:49 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X