No announcement yet.

Tailors to alter clothes!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the shop name is Nin ya trading..its at jurong west st 42..block 492..=)

Comment

• may lim

i just want to rant about may lim alterations... i brought 6 pieces of clothing for alterations: 1 zip replacement, 2 shortening of skirt hem, 2 shortening of straps and 1 sewing of elastic band into a dress.

was told to collect them yesterday, but when i went down, i was told that one of the pieces (the dress) were not ready yet, apparently whoever was supposed to do them had not sent it back yet.

ok, so i came home and tried on the pieces....the work was soooo shoddy! both of my skirt hems were not even straight!! it was very bad on one of them... when i put it on a flat surface... on one side, the hem is straight, but on the other the hem is curved in a parabolic curve...what the seamstress decided to do a straight hem and then halfway through forgot what she was doing??

those were 2 good skirts (99 bucks from zara and 200 bucks from french connection) and now i have to bring them to another tailor to do damage control... i dont even know if it is possible or if it will shorten the length of my skirt some more - something i dont want! am very upset.

granted the zip replacement was done properly. the shortening of straps was somewhat shoddy too with one side of the straps being cut off to shorten them, and the other being just folded with all the excess still there.... maybe the seamstress can't make up her mind or something.

i am very angry becos i think she just sends them to her sub contractors to do the work, and gawd knows what kind of standards they have. apparently not very high, as i have experienced.

just wanted to warn everyone else.

Comment

• Gwendolyn Chan at FEP opposite Han's does a decent job but her charges are quite expensive.

Comment

• clanceys

after hearing all the raves i went there to alter my FCUK gown .
          SORELY disappointed
          this auntie was unpicking the stitches so roughly it was too painful to watch
          ultimately left behind marks on my satin like gown
          gee
          i was expecting much more that considering i needed a place with good workmanship
          i so regretted allowing that auntie to touch my gown. still pissed up til now
          can someelse pls rec a place with good workmanship & patience to treat a piece of clothing likel their own

Comment

• Anyone if there's any tailor who can alter a corset? I bought a cotton corset top from mandee, but its too big for me . There is boning running vertically on the top.

Comment

• i alter at my mum's fren shop at orchard tower.

i only trust her cause she will give me advices etc. but she's quite busy, so you have to wait a little longer for her services.

Comment

• Originally posted by jazzbaby
                after hearing all the raves i went there to alter my FCUK gown .
                SORELY disappointed
                this auntie was unpicking the stitches so roughly it was too painful to watch
                ultimately left behind marks on my satin like gown
                gee
                i was expecting much more that considering i needed a place with good workmanship
                i so regretted allowing that auntie to touch my gown. still pissed up til now
                can someelse pls rec a place with good workmanship & patience to treat a piece of clothing likel their own
                sorry to hear about that..i had an unpleasant experience too. they were pretty nice while servicing my friend and I but they quoted us ridiculous prices but we had no choice because they have already spent some time pinning the jeans and stuff. In the end , i paid $85 to alter the waist, thighs and length of my true religion jeans. I wouldnt have mind if the workmanship was good but sadly not, even though this is where SKIN sends their jeans for alteration. I think they only spend time altering the corporate customers' goods and not walk ins like us. My jeans were sorta ruined by them, the rise was too low and length was slightly too short. sigh. $500 gone just like that..

So please do re consider before going down!

Comment

• Hi girls, wondering if it's possible to alter the rise of jeans? I want to make the rise of my True Religion jeans lower, any good tailors to reccommend? It seems quite complex so i'm urgently looking for a reliable tailor. And what are the charges like? Thanks

Comment

• Ivan's contacts

Hi, can anyone please kindly post Ivan's contacts (contact no. or current working address)?
                    Thanks a lot!

Comment

• Did anyone altered their swimsuit before? My bf bought a beautiful BCBG 'Signature Hardware' swimsuit for me, but unfortunately its way too big and i need to alter it. Any recommendations?

Comment

• ANy recommedation for altering a long skirt to a knee length skirt with some design?

I have a long plain skirt (long enough to sweep the floor). I want to alter to the length *** some design on it. But i have no idea what design to put on the skirt. The skirt is A-lined skirt. I need the advice from the tailer badly.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinkdewy
                          Gwendolyn Chan at FEP opposite Han's does a decent job but her charges are quite expensive.
                          hi, do you happen to know where auntie gwen has re-located? i've been to her since years back and she left without telling me.

Comment

• anyone got recommendation for a good tailor for alteration of jeans?

Comment

• I can't remember her unit no. but go opp. Hans.
                              Cannot miss it.
                              You find her good as well?

Originally posted by jazzanova
                              hi, do you happen to know where auntie gwen has re-located? i've been to her since years back and she left without telling me.

Comment

• There's one famous shop in Lucky Plaza: Scissors something.
                                Can't remember the full name but they charge very high.

Originally posted by schnauzie
                                anyone got recommendation for a good tailor for alteration of jeans?

Comment

Working...
                                X