• Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by breadpudding
    hi karmadearie

contact info:

Stella Tailor-Made Ladies' Wear & Clothes Alterations
    Address : Blk 110 Lorong 1 Toa Payoh #01-346 Singapore 310110
    Telephone : 6252 6551
    hi there, wonder how much does she charge for alteration of jeans?

Comment

• hiyee..can anyone recommend any good and cheap tailor? need to alter the width of my skirt and add a lining to a dress.. not very complicated (i think ) clancey too expensive..thanks!

Comment

• There is one in leve 5 in FEP, just turn right from bubble lift. It's next too Probeaute Salon. My friend says they are not bad.

Price wise I'm not too sure but def should be cheaper than Clancy.

Comment

• thanks ,will check it out this weekend

Comment

• The hawker centre next to Parkway Mac; there's a stall inside the market. A very small stall. The seamstress there has got really good workmanship and charges are pretty reasonable. Been with her for years and though I've 'betrayed' her, I always return to her. I even get her to fix my pieces that have been ruined by other tailors/streamstresses.

Only thing is the lack of privacy as its a small stall. So you need to change in an area where you just draw the curtains around you. But its ok for me as I usually go in the afternoon where traffic is low. So no one actually walks past.

Comment

• Originally posted by zjaninez
              The hawker centre next to Parkway Mac; there's a stall inside the market. A very small stall. The seamstress there has got really good workmanship and charges are pretty reasonable. Been with her for years and though I've 'betrayed' her, I always return to her. I even get her to fix my pieces that have been ruined by other tailors/streamstresses.

Only thing is the lack of privacy as its a small stall. So you need to change in an area where you just draw the curtains around you. But its ok for me as I usually go in the afternoon where traffic is low. So no one actually walks past.
              Where's the stall located pls? Any idea how much would it cost if i want to alter tight a mini skirt? Thanks.

Comment

• Dear all,
                Anybody tried Meng Yee Fashion House at FEP before? It is at the fifth floor, i guess unit number is #05-52. Heard that it not very expensive.

Recently, my friend got for me a three quarter sleeves blouse from Bangkok, however it is too big. I need to alter from "L" to "S" size, can it be done? Anyone pls advise. I quite like the top but its too big and long. So i need to alter the width and length, will it be very complicated?

__________________________________________________ ________________________
                Enjoy shopping at http://closetoverload.livejournal.com/
                Last edited by Indulge Dressin; 15-12-2006, 07:41 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by zjaninez
                  The hawker centre next to Parkway Mac; there's a stall inside the market. A very small stall. The seamstress there has got really good workmanship and charges are pretty reasonable. Been with her for years and though I've 'betrayed' her, I always return to her. I even get her to fix my pieces that have been ruined by other tailors/streamstresses.

Dear zjaninez,

What is the name of the shop? Is there any unit number?

__________________________________________________ ________________________
                  Enjoy shopping at http://closetoverload.livejournal.com/

Comment

• Hi girls,

Actually my mum is a seamstress... she also do tailoring... Anyway if you want, just say my name.. and you know me from cozycot.. she will definitely charge you cheaper..

Comment

• Where's yr mum located at??

Comment

• Hi, my mum located at taman jurong... near lakeside mrt...

Comment

• my SO bermuda zip come off during the zoukout....
                          i ask my mom to help him fix it.....
                          haha...my mom is also a seamstress..all my clothes are altered by her...
                          my mom does help others to do alteration during her free time at home..

Comment

• how about lining of white pants? how much roughly will it costs?

Comment

• shimin_85 & Indulge Dressin,

er...you know where the hawker centre is right? The one next to Macdonald's.
                              Next to the hawker centre, its a wet market attached to it.

The side of the wet market that is nearest to Mac, there's a bookstall. Just walk down along the aisle (towards the direction of NTUC/multi-storeyt carpark), you'll see the tiny shop. Its almost to the end of the row, its like 1-3 stalls away from a shop that sells those incense offerings.

The seamstress is usually outside, working her sewing machine. You might have to look a little harder as she's got clothes, ribbons, buttons hanging around and might just walk past her!
                              She's fair, got short hair and freckles on her face. I don't have the unit no. off-hand, will see if I can get it when I go there.

For tightening of skirts/pants, she usually charges me $8-10 depending on how much stitches she needs to rework. Shortening of length is about $5. Workmanship is excellent and if she can't do it, she won't do it.

Comment

• zjaninez: Thanks a lot babe! ^_^ I think i roughly know where. Haa. Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
                                X