X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• edit edit edit
    Last edited by Medusa; 14-11-2008, 08:11 PM. Reason: too long

Comment

• haha....i know!!! and i thought it was the "safest choice" to buy mikimotos......i didn't even know mine came with a cert! i think i lost 50% of the value already.....darn

which online vendor did you decide on? wow so exciting i think i've never seen tahitian baroque necklaces in singapore..... i guess you just have to be specific with what you want. eg specific overtone, no visible blemish and visible orient and stuff.... i find that tahitian pearls have very distinct overtones. the peacock ones are very pretty but i also like the ones with silver overtones....

i'm contemplating between pearlparadise and purepearls. from what i read, for the gem quality pearl necklace, pearlparadise focuses on orient (which i can't seem to see on my earrings at all...so maybe don't have??) and purepearls focuses on roundness......

purepearls also has AAA 10-11mm freshwater pearl earrings and ring that i'm considering as well.....arghhhh.....too many things i want now.....
      Last edited by v_ni; 27-03-2008, 10:21 PM.

Comment

• edit edit edit
        Last edited by Medusa; 14-11-2008, 08:11 PM. Reason: too long

Comment

• I am having trouble refreshing this page (and it doesn't show updated posts)!

My post was truncated- do email each vendor, sign up newsletter/ membership at each, and ask nicely for discount codes.

Comment

• Need advise - I recently bought a pair of black pearl earrings from Tian Po Jeweller.
            Anyone knows *** kind of pearls are they. More importantly are they imitation??
            sheesh :wow:

Comment

• Hi Demigoddess,

i know tianpo carries a small range of white and golden southsea pearls. apart from local designs, they also carry an italian line of pearls.

so i think yours should be real? black pearls = tahitian pearls?

Comment

• medusa,

i know what you mean, my mom thinks the same thing about baroque pearls.

ok will take your advice and ask for a discount coupon code didn't even think about that.

i just found out that i may be going to the US in september, so i may buy the pearls when i'm there. in case for whatever reason, i can easily return the item back.

Comment

• edit edit edit
                  Last edited by Medusa; 14-11-2008, 08:10 PM. Reason: too long

Comment

• Originally posted by v_ni View Post
                    Hi Demigoddess,

i know tianpo carries a small range of white and golden southsea pearls. apart from local designs, they also carry an italian line of pearls.

so i think yours should be real? black pearls = tahitian pearls?
                    Thanks v_ni

Comment

• Originally posted by Medusa View Post
                      V_ni,

Medusa, that strand of pearl that your posses is gorgeous :wow:

Comment

• medusa,

that strand is nice! the overtones are really pretty and the surface is so smooth. most of the baroque pieces that i see are not as round and smooth but i think they say that's how the orient comes out better? i'm now also tempted by tahitians, cos i really like the tahitian bracelet charm posted on the pearl forum!

saw your concerns over the AAA piece you ordered, please let me know when you get them what you think, cos my yardstick is still akoyas. i want my fwp to be as round as possible.

my vendor sent me a comparison picture between AAA and gem quality., the shape is round but it's hard to tell on photos, since the angle/lighting is slightly different, it's difficult to compare, she mentioned that gemquality has better luster than the AAA....

Comment

• edit edit edit
                          Last edited by Medusa; 14-11-2008, 08:09 PM. Reason: too long

Comment

• v_ni,
                            my pearls arrived today.
                            Last edited by Medusa; 14-11-2008, 08:09 PM. Reason: too long

Comment

• hi medusa,

saw your new pics on PG. all your pearls are so nice!! i really like the tahitians on you.... it's got so much character and different but yah i get what you mean about getting used to them but they ARE pretty. i thought the FWP size is a good size, you feel it's too big on you? it's good to hear that the AAA are round and blemish-free.

btw, what length are the necklaces? 18in?

your mikis seem to have a metallic silver luster where as the FWP seems to give off a softer rose sheen?

ill take your advise and go for gem quality and settle for the smaller sizes. noted on the ball clasp, i've only used the flat clasps like your mikis but i did think the ball clasp is quite cute.

Comment

• medusa,

argh.....i was going to order the 9-10mm freshadama set along with this month's special tahitian charm bracelet....and guess what happens??

the 9-10mm freshadamas are out of stock!!

i have to admit, the tahitian bracelet was inspired by seeing all the pics on PG and seeing you with your necklace!! :wow:

Comment

Working...
                                X