Dye Black Garment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dye Black Garment

How to dye a piece of garment black? Any got experience? TIA!

Y'see... I have to wear black for the new job but problem is, I am a color person! So now I am in search of funky black pieces but some of my existing pieces are great for work too except they're not black. I want to hopefully dye them. Trying to save money!

i think u can just buy those clothes dye from supermarkets or DIY shops and dye them - have never done it myself but heard it's just a matter of dunking the dye into warm water and dunking your clothes in the dyed water

Comment

Hey Stella, check this out!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1793116689

Comment

So that's the Snowgirl T-shirt I;ve been hearing about! Thanks for posting that! :D

Edited to remove quote.
        Last edited by dolphin; 17-09-2004, 11:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by "atypical"

So that's the Snowgirl T-shirt I;ve been hearing about! Thanks for posting that! :D
          Yep! Do Singapore staff get it?

Comment

I'm not sure. I'll check!

Comment

Re: How to dye a piece of garment black?

How to dye a piece of garment black? Any got experience? TIA!

Y'see... I have to wear black for the new job but problem is, I am a color person! So now I am in search of funky black pieces but some of my existing pieces are great for work too except they're not black. I want to hopefully dye them. Trying to save money!
              Never tried to dye my clothes so I can't much here. Guess u can try it out Bluebubble's suggestion. But don't try it with your expensive pieces first. Is there any dress code aside from the colour?

Comment

No dresscode ... in fact they tell us to go as wild as we like. We can wear boots, hats, feather boas ... anything!

Comment

No dresscode ... in fact they tell us to go as wild as we like. We can wear boots, hats, feather boas ... anything!
                  *gasp* you are gonna have so much fun, girl!!!!! I'm turning positively GREEEEEN with envy!!! ARGHH!!!

Comment

Wow it is so cool and funky...no dress code!!..I love that..but Stella no feathers please...heeee...

Comment

Originally posted by "meow123"

Wow it is so cool and funky...no dress code!!..I love that..but Stella no feathers please...heeee...
                      Why not? I think Stella could carry it off very well and with elegance too!

Hey Stella, why not post a daily work outfit on the Fashion Board...and of course tell us what makeup you're using to go with it too! *LOL*

Comment

I was thinking of those nigtclub mamasan with huge feathers on their hair and loud make-up :D

I think Stella will look good in simple but elegant outfit. And she carries those Japanese designer wear very well. Very sweet and demure.

Comment

hm i'd probably recommend not to do it at home yourself..

if it's a nice shirt, you might ruin it. maybe try practicing first 'cause dye is a really weird thing to work with the first thing. tiedye is strange enough or me LOL and imagine because that is uncontrolled dying..i would be a mess ! :D

Comment

Originally posted by "pandora76"

Originally posted by meow123
                            Why not? I think Stella could carry it off very well and with elegance too!

Hey Stella, why not post a daily work outfit on the Fashion Board...and of course tell us what makeup you're using to go with it too! *LOL*
                            Oh, Stella, you're going to have so much fun!

And Pan, great idea about the daily post! LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by "meow123"

Originally posted by atypical
                              Yes Ma'am!!!! :o

Comment

Working...
                              X