ZARA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ZARA

What a disappointment. It's been what, 5 months since it opened? And I STILL haven't bought a SINGLE item from them!!!

Hardly anything entices me in there. The clothes don't look expensive (as in they look really cheapo....faded and all that), the designs are boring and nothing to shout about for that price, and the stuff I actually like is cut MUCH too big for me. *sigh*

Has anyone had any luck at Zara??

i have no interest in zara either even when i saw their boutiques in europe i had zilch interest! but their sleepwear is quite cute. even for this season i think mango's stuff kinda sucked. my friend told me she bought a cute cordoroy[how to spell] skirt from there n a cami though.. maybe i just havent looked hard enough at their stuff!!

Comment

The thing that irks me is the forever loooong queue at Zara. Even when I wanna try something, the queue just puts me off. So far, I've only gotten one top there. Their tops are usually too big for me anyways, Zara tops only comes in Size M. Don't they know local women are small??? Their stuff don't really interest me much either

Comment

Originally posted by "Flowerfairy"

Their tops are usually too big for me anyways, Zara tops only comes in Size M. Don't they know local women are small???
        YESSSS!!!! What's the deal with this?!??! Isn't this really dumb, didn't they do their research on the Asian market?!

But I gotta say, they have cheap and cute sleepwear (camis and knickers). Can't vouch for the quality though, and some designs are downright cheap looking, but there's some nice stuff from time to time... but even with a $9.90 price tag, no urge to buy...

Comment

Zara seems to be perpetually messy & crowded! The business wear doesn't interest me ;p and so far the only item I've bought from them is a plain black round-neck tee at $12.90. My friend got her pink corduroy skirt for only $22.90 I think. Other than these 2 items, I haven't seen any others I like! I agree, their designs seem.. not very trendy. ;p

Comment

I walked in & out of Zara in a whoosh on three occasions - didn't even had the desire to hang around & check the clothes out properly. Wonder why! :roll:

Comment

Having said that, I saw a girl wearing this really cool pair of cargo pants - I asked her where she got it from & she said Zara! I suppose they *must* have a COUPLE of nice things.

Comment

oops! 8O they have been around for 5 months already?

i bought a denim sleeveless dress last month. i think it was a *hot* piece, because the next time i went in, they only have it in XL.

i think half of their stuffs now are thick winter clothings, probably the next season, stuffs will be better?

Comment

have not bought anything; store looks to messy to even shop in so i give it a miss. ok designs altho' mango is better but mango has been quite sucky for the last few seasons, boring...anyway i prefer to shop at indie shops now, cheaper and better; at least u see different stuff than the same stuff every season

Comment

'Indie shops'? :wink: I'd love to shop at these....if only

(i) I had the time (to search and scavenge)
                    (ii) I could wear the kind of stuff they sell to work! Most of the stuff there is too casual / avant-garde for looking professional in. *sigh*

One 'indie' shop I used to frequent a lot was Kit Chan's co-owned boutique at the Heeren, called Flowers In The Attic. I think she's opened a new branch at Plaza Sing, called...gee, I forgot, but the name is very similar to Flowers In The Attic....think it's Roses In The ?Storeroom?? or something like that....rather daft, I preferred the first store's name. :wink:

Stuff in FIA used to be very pretty and unique (don't know about now, haven't been recently)....everytime I wore them out, people would stop me to ask where I'd gotten the pieces from.

Comment

Agree ... Flowers in the Attic (the name always reminds me of the series of books I read as a teenager - it was about incestuos siblings!) has pretty cute unique stuff. I'll check out the new shop when I have the time. Thanks Pan.

Comment

I read that book too! The author's Virginia Adams or Virginia something yea? Their 2nd shop's called Roses in the Loft I only got one tank fr FIA... but most of the stuff looks rather flowery.

Comment

Originally posted by "Flowerfairy"

I read that book too! The author's Virginia Adams or Virginia something yea? Their 2nd shop's called Roses in the Loft I only got one tank fr FIA... but most of the stuff looks rather flowery.
                          Virginia Woolf, by any chance? :wink:

Their stuff is flowery huh? Yes, I must agree, some stuff is too girly even for my taste (and usually I like frou frou!). Well, it's not called Flowers In The Attic for nuthin'. *LOL*

Comment

Originally posted by "pandora76"

Originally posted by Flowerfairy
                            Virginia Woolf, by any chance? :wink:

Their stuff is flowery huh? Yes, I must agree, some stuff is too girly even for my taste (and usually I like frou frou!). Well, it's not called Flowers In The Attic for nuthin'. *LOL*
                            Virginia Andrew(s) right? think i read books in her entire collection when i was in P6.....twas long time ago :D

Comment

Originally posted by "keiko"

Virginia Andrew(s) right? think i read books in her entire collection when i was in P6.....twas long time ago :D
                              yes virginia andrew or /s! i read the whole collection too when i was waiting for my PSLE results to my early sec sch days among other thrashy stuff... :D

Comment

Working...
                              X