No announcement yet.

umbrellas! Do you go for branded ones?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

no money for branded umbrellas now.. I just need one to withstand the wind and rain! Got a new one recently in taiwan for NT200 and it opens and closes with a press of a button! no need to be afraid of fingers being 'clipped' by the brolly again!

have friends who carry Coach and Marc Jacobs umbrellas but its more of a fashion statement to them. Perhaps priority is different?

Comment

Originally posted by senza00 View Post
      haha..such a cute topic.. in general, lightweight umbrellas are not as strong as compared to metal ones..that is, lightweight umbrellas in general does not withstand the wind well..their only plus point is that they are light.. those that are light and small is even worse cos they have many section along the shaft(= more weaker points) unless you get those lightweight windproof ones.. however, even for those, they will flip up when the wind is strong but at least after the wind subsides, your umbrella is still in shape most of the time
      True true.. whenever I encountered extremely strong wind, my umbrella will fold up but for those normal strong wind.. my light umbrella still can hold.

Comment

I dun mind to pay more for a light weight UV umbrella becos I will carry it with me during lunch time. But it will definately cant withdraw heavy rain.
        The one I am having now is frm BHG Bugis, they have a wide range of UV umbrella.

Comment

i bought two umbrellas recently when i went to taiwan. almost everyone uses it there due to the hot weather (summer). their umbrellas are very cute!!! got cow, love,pikachu and etc la. haha! i bought those lightweight and can withstand wind, got uv too! think less than $10 only lo-r.

Comment

Where can I find nice lightweight umbrellas? I checked out Metro - variety's not so good.

Tangs only carry Esprit' but am not too keen on Esprit's.

Used to see those pushcarts selling brollies, but seldom see them around nowadays.

Comment

simplelives, try isetan?

Comment

Originally posted by tiggercheeze View Post
                simplelives, try isetan?
                Thanks Think i'd have to check out those departmental stores then.

Comment

i looking for a small n ultra light 'auto' kind with a button
                  any brand to recommend

Comment

No need branded umbrellas for me.
                    Just have proper UV protection and looks nice ok for me .
                    Last edited by PuErTeh; 21-09-2010, 04:18 PM.

Comment

Anyone using cath kidston umbrellas? The prints are sooo pretty > <

Comment

found this blogshop which sells cute rainbowed-coloured umbrellas, those foldable type. but i forgot to save the link

Comment

I carry a cute compact Hello Kitty brolly in my back, and have a big golf umbrella in my car for the pretty strong rain we get here.

xoxo,
                          Addie
                          thecathag.blogspot.com

Comment

I won't buy a branded umbrella because I think it is not worthy. And I always change an umbrella. But i prefer to a branded clothing.

Comment

I'm a cheapo when it comes to umbrellas. As long as it is light and usable, I don't really care about the brand since it'll go under the sun and rain.

Comment

I always misplace my umbrellas, so no branded ones for me. That said, I make a point of buying pretty and compact ones. Just nothing above $35.

Comment

Working...
                                X