Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dress me up

I'm quite fair, moer to 'pear-shape'

i think my size is average except for my hips, too big. and everytime i tried on pants, jeans and even skirts, if the hips fits nicely, my waist confirm very lose, somemore my bum is more like those too curvey that curves out, so the back becomes full of empty spaces. where should i get clothes from? eadache

Hi Shirlyn,
    everyone is built in different physiques unfortunately.
    Sigh, I have the same problems as you!
    I especially find it tougher with MNG jeans.
    I find I have such a non-existent bum! And if I put on weight, it's at the tummy and arms.. UGH!

Try Bysi because I find their pants cater to bigger sizes as well.
    Waipai has nice cutting hipster pants and jeans as well

Comment

mmm... where's Bysi and Waipai? i also find it very tough with MNG jeans. sigh

Comment

Not Hunny. But Bysi has branches at Tiong Bahru Plaza, Bugis Junction, Parkway parade, Orchard (Near Marriot Hotel).
        And there is a Wanpai store in Tiong Bahru Plaza too.

Please correct me if i'm wrong. Haven't been back for a while. Thanks

Comment

Shirlyn, I have the same kind of figure...I'm a pear and I get around the problem of my bottoms simply by going for the larger size, so that it will fit my hips and I just wear my skirts low-waisted! (Which I prefer anyway.)

To balance out my heavy bottom, I wear tops that will show off more of my shoulders, eg. spaghetti straps and tubes. And I try not to wear darks on top, lights on the bottom.

For your kind of figure concerns, I would advise you to avoid urban & Co because their bottoms are cut for really small sized girls and most of the skirts are cut on a very tight bias, which will make you look more hippy than ever. Look for skirts with a slight A-line and pants which are bootcut or slightly flared at the bottom to balance out your hips.

Try BYSI - they have some really stylish pieces in a variety of cuts that won't break the bank....most of their stuff is $36 or thereabouts.

Comment

there's a waipai store at scotts shopping center too and IIRC there's a small corner at seiyu bugis too

Comment

You can get both BYSI and Waipai @ Scotts SC. BYSI is at the entrance of the building and Waipai is the last shop, facing the al fresco cafe

Comment

hi shirlyn, i've the same problem. not to worry, this bothers most girls actually. and like pan suggested, hipster bottoms would probably be the way to go. they are my life savers. i like hipsters as they lengthen my torso as well. i hate clothes clinched at the waist. i believe they only emphasise the size of my butt.

perhaps you can try Zara, Topshop, M)phosis (the skirts are pretty forgiving if you don't get the ones in the flimsy material).

Comment

Originally posted by pandora76
                  Shirlyn, I have the same kind of figure...I'm a pear and I get around the problem of my bottoms simply by going for the larger size, so that it will fit my hips and I just wear my skirts low-waisted! (Which I prefer anyway.)

To balance out my heavy bottom, I wear tops that will show off more of my shoulders, eg. spaghetti straps and tubes. And I try not to wear darks on top, lights on the bottom.
                  Pan, you have big hips??!! :sotong: i don't believe it! you look so nicely proportioned no matter which way i look!

it's either you're exaggerating your problem, or i should really start taking your advice on how to dress and play down my big childbearing hips!

Comment

yes! i have huge childbearing hips!

but i think both of us have discovered that hipsters are the cure to those evil hips.

Comment

i think what pan said is so true... unlike me with a flat butt, my sis has a heavy bottom and A-lines always make her hips look slimmer... probably go for something with a thick flat panel at the waistband and has pleats or flares out at the bottom...plenty of those around nowadays..

Comment

thanks for all advices and suggestions
                        today i'm going shopping after work to check out

Comment

Working...
                        X