Corporate look for big gal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Corporate look for big gal

ok. i am plump, fat or overweight, big boned if trying to sound nice..
    wonder where to get nice suits / blazers for work.
    trainer told us that we have to adopt a professional look...grrrrr *means spending more $$$$*

i think i m around a 38-40, though i got something from theme which read a size 36... help ladies...
    though i think i m asking in wrong place *hehe* everyone here is like so slim...*envious*envious*

I am fairly big too UK 14-16 I can sometimes find suits at Mango. The previous season striped jacket is very nice

Comment

MNG suits are cut quite nicely.

also, check out BLUM (outlets at Raffles City and OUB Centre iirc). the suits they bring in are mostly european or american cuts and are very flattering. a little more pricey, but the cutting and style is quite unique cos they only bring in 1-2 sets.

you can forget about ALL the hkg based brands if you have wide shoulders though.

Comment

i have wide shoulders sadly.
        managed to get two suits at Theme today. very happy. damage was around $180-220 for a suit. bought one at BLUM, great customer service.. it's a pity i can't get suits at HK based shops, it's much cheaper..

i managed to 'squeeze' into a 38 at Theme...very happy enough *hahah*

Comment

hi, how abt trying Zara, they seem to have suits with gd cutting.

Comment

I wish I'm big. I have problem buying pants.

Alya > dont worry. u dont look plump at all!

Comment

I'm a big size girl too, but only lower part of my body.. I don't need to wear suits to work but I found French Connection has bigger size of pants and cutting is nice, if you've the budget.

I do 100% agree girls on this broad are really slim... envious too.....

Comment

Zara sizes run bigger so you shouldnt have problems fitting in Alya.

But errr.... you dont look anywhere near "big" to me

Comment

Hi Alya

U dun look 'big' to me all...... :wave:

Anyway i personally think that GG5 size runs big too....coz it fits my huge :booty: ....

Comment

i don't like to wear suits... i think they make me look fatter. i prefer mix & match with candigan... but i will still look out for suits with flattering cuttings.

Comment

Oh yes Alya,
                      does your job require you to wear formal and professional?
                      Cos most workplaces I know requires just smart casual ie. pants, cami, cardigan.
                      If you feel you have trouble fitting into suits, then try cardigans or pashminas. HTHs!

Comment

coz you gals haven't see in real life that's why.
                        huge.............dwarfed the others in the office.
                        very sad...

today an ex stewardess friend commented i am big boned, not fat...very contented *hahahah*
                        hope to reduce to all bones, then maybe can fit into the crowd better *hehe*

Comment

hmm... I think you can get those suits with vertical stripes (like black suit with light and thin silverish-white vertical stripes) i think those look really nice, esp for a pants suit. and vertical stripes have a slimming effect!

Comment

Originally posted by Alya
                            coz you gals haven't see in real life that's why.
                            huge.............dwarfed the others in the office.
                            very sad...

today an ex stewardess friend commented i am big boned, not fat...very contented *hahahah*
                            hope to reduce to all bones, then maybe can fit into the crowd better *hehe*
                            If you are the one in your avatar then I must ask: Where is the FAT??

I think that word has my name on it rather than yours

Comment

Originally posted by Pixash
                              hmm... I think you can get those suits with vertical stripes (like black suit with light and thin silverish-white vertical stripes) i think those look really nice, esp for a pants suit. and vertical stripes have a slimming effect!
                              yes, it's true. i have 2 suits with vertical stripes.

Comment

Working...
                              X