Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's 'IN' now?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • What's 'IN' now?

    To all vainy-pots and fashion gurus.

    What's the 'in' fashion in Spore now? Have been in Australia for a yr, and it seems that minis are really hot in Australia, is it in Singapore?

    Tell me so I can stock up on more unique clothes before heading home. :booty:

    I really dig those minis with asymmetrical hem lines (you know those longer at one side, or uneven hem lines)

    Demin minis are really cool and nice as well especially if they have the fade wash look (are demin minis popular back home?, where about can we get nice demin minis?)

    How about tops? Off-shoulder tops? tubes? or just normal spaghetti tops?

    Oh and gurls do share what would you be dressing up when:
    - for casual
    - or serious partying? Yipeez

    Fill me in.
    Last edited by BerryBytes; 04-11-2003, 08:46 PM.

  • #2
    yup I think minis are definitely hot over here... and ballerina pumps as well! trend now would be... polka dots,ribbons etc..

    Comment


    • #3
      I think over here there's no particular trend that we actually follow. Singaporeans generally like to feel good and look good in whatever they wear, especially with the humid weather, we don't have much choice as to what we can or cannot wear. Thus spag tops can be seen almost on most of the girls, recently i think the rage has been all about racerback tops cos' they look trendy and simple and of course skirts has long been a tradition here, in every design, material or colour, it's an ideal choice for many SG girls

      do stock up on funky capris too, they're casual enough for shopping and nice enough for formal events or clubbing! i think for clubbing, the idea is to look nice and funky, some prefer to look sexy, elegant, classic? depending on the look you go for, you can always wear anything you think is nice. Mostly girls wear tubes or spags with jeans to club, very common.

      Just don't be afraid to express your individuality over here and have fun!

      Comment


      • #4
        Yuppers, i agree.

        You know i been looking at the magazines n minis are everywhere. The Hiltons loved to wear it (Paris especially)

        I think spore gals are really lovely, given our hot weather. it seems that we got to wear less but not in a way too tacky and slutty.

        I am into visors caps now. i feel they look pretty cool but I was thinking of teaming it with shorts or minis..

        Onto the note on clubbing, it seems that black is the ultimate fashion trend. It's abit tad boring but then again it's like such a flattering color and simply cant do without it.

        Comment


        • #5
          OH and i forget to add.

          Pauline, you have cute dimples!

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by BerryBytes
            OH and i forget to add.

            Pauline, you have cute dimples!
            hehe thanks! know what? they're actually 'manufactured', i knocked into something when i was young and there was a blue-black, after that it became a dimple my mum always jokes about me getting one more on the other side

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by BerryBytes
              OH and i forget to add.

              Pauline, you have cute dimples!

              hey shan yo! OT but you still want to do your hair?

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Pauline
                hehe thanks! know what? they're actually 'manufactured', i knocked into something when i was young and there was a blue-black, after that it became a dimple my mum always jokes about me getting one more on the other side
                pauline! lucky you! this kind of accident i also want!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Lovely Lovedust,

                  Should I do something to my hair? I had to cut it here in Aust before my convocation. And this is already driving me nuts on finding a good hairdresser here. I dont really trust "ang mohs cuts" But i was thinking of either getting my hair dyed or should i do lovely loose waves like yours in Spore.

                  I havent decided, I only be back in mid dec, gurl. so if you need to go, go first. Just drop me a pm on the exact location of your stylist can? So when I come back home, i might wanna drop by to your stylist!

                  Stay lovely! Thanks for the help and invite though.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Pauline,

                    it's like an accidental bliss! I wanna dimples also!

                    I used to have this terrible scar on both of my knees and toes, when i got involved in a car accident when i was 10 yrs. it took till when i was 19 yrs old before it is gone. Lucky me i guess, now i can safely wear minis and show off my white kneecaps and thighs.

                    hhahahaa. Pls puke!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by BerryBytes
                      Lovely Lovedust,

                      Should I do something to my hair? I had to cut it here in Aust before my convocation. And this is already driving me nuts on finding a good hairdresser here. I dont really trust "ang mohs cuts" But i was thinking of either getting my hair dyed or should i do lovely loose waves like yours in Spore.

                      I havent decided, I only be back in mid dec, gurl. so if you need to go, go first. Just drop me a pm on the exact location of your stylist can? So when I come back home, i might wanna drop by to your stylist!

                      Stay lovely! Thanks for the help and invite though.



                      Which part of Oz are you at? I saw my friends in Oz whom have great cuts too. Maybe i can give a little bit of suggestions to help. =) I'll be doing my hair in dec too. Anyway, when you are back, contact me! I'll give you the addy or perhaps i can go with you! =) See you in Dec!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        for me, the safest rule to stick by is to buy clothes that suit me instead of blinding following because I've seen so many fashion boo-boos around!

                        I am just a play-safe girl who wears alot of minis, low-rise fitted jeans and accesories

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Shann missy,

                          I love caps, but my head seems alittle small... every cap (already tightened) I tried seem so loose! Tell me what to do.

                          lurve,
                          your buddy friend ah jo.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I also love wearing hipster jeans, I think it's the most flattering cut one could get, but then again the risk of peep-a-boo butt crack is everywhere.

                            The funny thing is the aussies here dont give a heck abt showing of their butt crack. G-strings, colorful thongs, white *** butt are everywhere to see. I see until bored. :booty:

                            Not that i deliberately wanna see or I am some perverted soul okay. Get me right.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by lovedust
                              Which part of Oz are you at? I saw my friends in Oz whom have great cuts too. Maybe i can give a little bit of suggestions to help. =) I'll be doing my hair in dec too. Anyway, when you are back, contact me! I'll give you the addy or perhaps i can go with you! =) See you in Dec!
                              lovedust, I am in melbourne dear. my frds recommended one place but i think it's been too commercialised. Almost every asian international student goes there. Alot of hair salons here are very over-priced. You got any recommendations you know?

                              Anyway I probably beep you if i need to get my hair done when I come back. But i really need to get a hair cut here. Heeez

                              Thanks heaps!

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X