Black Pants

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black Pants

Any idea where to get nice black pants? those boot cut kind that are great for work and nice for going out too.

can try

* mango
    * zara
    * future state
    * guess

Comment

I like pants from Mango too but i can't go for their cheaper pairs (some are priced at less than $40, like $29 or something) coz their material are thinner and places emphasis on my huge hips and thighs. Other than Mango, i go for U2 Women. Their cuttings are more flattering for asian built. I love those pairs which are slightly low waist and boot cut

Comment

Mango's pants are always too long for me! but i don't wear heels so maybe that's why. or my legs are shorter than the average SG girl!

anyway, i support U2 women! they make nice fitting pants for a great price too.

Comment

hi,
          MNG jeans work for me but not pants as somehow, the fitting is always not right.

For pants, I like to buy from Bysi.

Comment

I buy most of my work pants from G200 during their sale.

The cut and material is good, and best of all, it flatters/disguises pretty well.

Comment

I get pants tailored made for me cause they just don't fit well enough if i buy them off the shelves(eg MNG, zara...they're just too loose around my thighs)

And even though i could fit into future state pants, the material sucks big time...

Comment

thanks girls will check it out!

tinkling u are so lucky! most of the time my hips are bursting the seams of the pants!

Comment

hey tinking, any good tailors to recommend? I heard it's pretty ex to tailor pants?

Comment

Originally posted by gem
                    hey tinking, any good tailors to recommend? I heard it's pretty ex to tailor pants?
                    mine's at bukit timah, if u want can pm me for the addy...costs abt $60 and up depending on the type of material u choose.
                    Yup actually tailored pants are much more ex than those u buy off the shelves from lower-mid range stores like future state, urban & co, but the quality is much better.Most importanly it fits well... HTH

Comment

Originally posted by Jenine
                      I buy most of my work pants from G200 during their sale.

The cut and material is good, and best of all, it flatters/disguises pretty well.
                      same here!
                      for turnips legs like me, it pretty much flatters my figure

Comment

deleted...
                        Last edited by j3nnyr; 07-01-2008, 07:16 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by tinkling
                          mine's at bukit timah, if u want can pm me for the addy...costs abt $60 and up depending on the type of material u choose.
                          Yup actually tailored pants are much more ex than those u buy off the shelves from lower-mid range stores like future state, urban & co, but the quality is much better.Most importanly it fits well... HTH
                          tinkling, i am thinking about tailoring pants too, but i am quite lost as to what design i should choose from...

Do you usually choose the design from a book or do you describe it to your tailor? How about the material? Do you actually buy the fabric for the tailor?

Comment

I bought my favourite 'work' black trousers from Zara two years ago. Excellant subtle boot-cut, the material looked expensive and it flattered my ultra-short and chunky legs (I'm best friends with the alterations ppl ).

Another favourite pair is from FCUK. The legs are slightly more flared so it's more versatile as you can wear it to work or to play.

Comment

Try Warehouse, they have some nice black pants.

As for tailoring, I think it's actually easier if you have a pair of pants that fits you well (and you like the design of coz). Bring it to the tailor and ask him/her to tailor your pants based on the same design.

Comment

Working...
                              X