What to wear with a Mini

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What to wear with a Mini

I just bought a pair of demin super short mini (plain, not pleats or back pockets) and i have no idea what top can this go with. I know simple tanks and tees are safe but i'm really looking into something more than that.

I'm kinda outta the scene for too long and will appreciate it if girls can give me some creative ideas!!

Knitted long sleeves off shoulder top with boots.
    Turtleneck, sleeveless.
    Scarf worn as a halter (if you dare to bare)
    Corset top. (to add a touch of glamour)

Comment

Originally posted by clpersonal
      Knitted long sleeves off shoulder top with boots.
      Turtleneck, sleeveless.
      Scarf worn as a halter (if you dare to bare)
      Corset top. (to add a touch of glamour)
      yeah i agree with cl! A baby tee with sneakers is great too.. great for those casual days for bumming around.
      the possibilities are endless!

Comment

I think long sleeve shirts with minis are chic...and u can pair it up with a pair of closed toes strappy heels...or just kitten heels.. and a small shoulder bag..

Comment

I think a loose flowy top with an embroidered beaded belt would be cool as well...paired with pretty flats.

Comment

what about a turtle neck top with mini to go along with knee-length boots?
            Last edited by citrella; 05-12-2003, 09:03 AM.

Comment

I LOVE MINIS!!!

they're my staple over in London. I pair them with a huge chunky turtleneck, and knee high black suede boots. Occasionally, I throw in a pair of black tights as well if it's particularly cold.

In Singapore, I usually let my minis speak for themselves. Most of my minis aren't plain pieces so I make them the focal point by wearing a simple tank and heels.

If I'm wearing a plain mini, I usually wear a funky top. Something that's modest and covers up, but with a funky design. Stuff in the style of Miss Sixties comes to mind. Very punky street style, while the mini (coupled with heels) adds a touch of sexy glam.

For clubbing, I'd pair the mini with a sequinned top perhaps? Something a little loud (but then all my clubbing tops are attention-grabbing!) but understated?

Minis definitely go well with heels and oodles of confidence. No tugging and looking uneasy!

Lots of girls do the dressing down thing, where they pair their minis with a baby tee and sneakers. not my look (i can NEVER look sporty/casual), but it works for some!

you're so pretty and tall dearie that you'll look good no matter how you wear it.

Comment

Working...
              X