Abercrombie and Hollister Sizing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Abercrombie and Hollister Sizing

Hi, hope someone can help me out with this, A/F's customer service is not really that brilliant.

I bought a hollister tee, size s, it is a teeny weeny bit small for me, I should have chosen M instead. But for Abercrombie, is the size of their tees bigger than Hollister, since Hollister is meant for their teeanagers so call. I do not want to order a Size M for A/F and have the tee turn out too baggy, if you know what I mean. Thanks!!!!

Oh! Where can I buy Abercrombie in Singapore? TIA.

Comment

Palypei- its not sold locally...we all get it online... check out Cozyspree!

Comment

Originally posted by paleypei
        Oh! Where can I buy Abercrombie in Singapore? TIA.
        you can get guys A&F at newurbanmale at heeren. for ladies, you'll have to go to states or check out cozyspree.

Comment

ermmm...so anyone can help me out with the size thingy???

Comment

Originally posted by bummergal
            ermmm...so anyone can help me out with the size thingy???
            it's e same if u refer to the size chart though....hth

Comment

bummergal: i've never gotten anything from Hollister but i would say A&F ladies tees, the sizes run pretty small. i'm a S in Mango, Zara and got S A&F tanks and tees but I find them a little small. They also shrink a bit in wash.

Comment

hey! I just bidded for 2 abercrombie tees and I think the size is pretty much the same as hollister's cos I asked the sellers for measurements and most of the abercrombie and hollister tees in size M measures 14-14.5" across chest.

So, what i think you should do is check out ebay for measurements before ordering since 90% of the stuff that's on the A&F or hollister website can be found on ebay.. cos the sizing given by online shops really are inconsistent..2 different tops in the SAME size can actually have drastic differences in measurements so it's best to check out the measurements of each individual item that ou're getting. ( troublesome I know, but it'll save u a lot of heartache) I've learnt after painful experiences NEVER to trust their size charts.

And, one word of advice, A&F tees are really long ( 23" length) so do take note! I don't mind my tees long cos I preferred the laid-back sorta look but my frens hate it so it depends on personal preference.
                Last edited by grace; 21-11-2003, 03:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by geekchic
                  They also shrink a bit in wash.

but yikes! they shrink?? then I should have gotten L!!

Comment

grace gan and geekchic, thanks for your help

I think I will order size M cos I dun like tight fitting clothes, and their tees are not exactly very stretchable

Comment

Originally posted by gracegan
                      but yikes! they shrink?? then I should have gotten L!!
                      grace: oddly enough, i had 2 shrink on me & 1 (a white glitter tee) expand on me..all size S. :roll:
                      that said, i just like A&F tees for their quirky slogans and glitter tees though the glitter washes off. rrrright.

btw, a friend tells me a Factory Outlet-type shop at Marina Sq stocks some A&F tees sometimes. 2nd level, the row opposite the Project Shop row, she says. I've never been there though but if you're in the area, could go by to better gauge sizing for yourselves.

Comment

Hey gals!

How is the quality of Abercromie Tees ? I'd like to get a few pieces but is terribly afraid that the quality would be lousy or something like that.

Comment

the quality of A/F tees are really lousy, I am very disappointed with the two tees I bought, especially considering the price, I end up wearing them only at home. But surprisingly, Hollisterco tees quality are better.

Comment

Originally posted by ponine
                            Hey gals!

How is the quality of Abercromie Tees ? I'd like to get a few pieces but is terribly afraid that the quality would be lousy or something like that.
                            hmm...Quality wise, it'll depend on the type off tee you're getting. the ones form the sheer range are really thin so try to stay away from white. Frankly, as with most online shopping websites, the quality of A&F is really substandard...but I usually close one eye cos ther stuff is just too cute!

Comment

Help! I can't decide between Abercombie or Hollister tees! Both are so cute! Is Hollister quality supposedly better? How does their sizing compare to local sizes?

ETA: I'm interested in this Hollister Tee but its white and I dun wish to get one which is too sheer and translucent-looking. :roll:

Comment

Working...
                              X