No announcement yet.

Abercrombie and Hollister Sizing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grace, I am starting a spree on Abercrombie.

Comment

Size matters

Hi,
      I would like to know the size of Humor tees(Men) before making online purchases. I usually wear Medium for tees bought in Spore. I wonder should I still try for Medium for USA made tees? Or try a Small? Would a Small in US size be similar to a Medium in Spore size? Pls kindly advise for those experienced Abercrombie regulars.

Thanks alot,
      Zico

Comment

hi Zico

i'm not a Abercrombie regular, but i'm getting a top for my bf. he wears a M locally, and i'm getting the same size for the Abercrombie as well.

you can refer to the size chart, a M size fits the chest measurement of 38" - 40".

Comment

hi Zico, i bought a large for my bf coz i find the tees tend to run a little on the small side. i won't go for small. try the medium. it should fit you alright.

Comment

Any1 know what size should I get for open neck graphic tees from Hollister??

Eg:

I wear MNG USA XS/S , Zara USA 6 (or the smallest size), Topshop sz 6/8, Ms Selfridge 6 ...

HELP PLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :huh:

Comment

hi Angelique, you'll probably fit in the XS. what does the sizing chart say?

Comment

Originally posted by michannat
                hi Angelique, you'll probably fit in the XS. what does the sizing chart say?
                M for bust 34-36 (I ordered that but have yet to receive my tops) and now im ordering another open neck graphic... but I doubt my tops would come in time for me to try on the sizes.

And another forumite showed me this top in M.

And she said the width was 13inches!!

That's pretty tiny for a M sized off shoulder top, don't you think so??

I've tried searching on Ebay and most of their M sized open neck graphic tees are like 16.5inches to 17.5inches across...

Im confused... very confused now :huh:

but thanks for replying!!

Comment

I;m totally confused with the sizing too.

I saw on someone on ebay selling a XS joelle cami and the bust width is 13".
                  but on yahoo sg, someone is selling S and the width is 12".

now I don't know if I'm ordering the right size at cozyspree.
                  *sulks*

Comment

gals, i believe usa/europe have slightly different measurements from us, asia and i think it's actually a technical thing.
                    i had a similar problem with a US ebay buyer before. I was selling a pair of Adidas pants, and quoted her a 32" inseam but when she got it and measured at her side, it was a difference of about 2". so if you ask someone in USA and another one in Asia/Singapore to measure the same top, they may actually give you different answers.

hence, its better to take the measurements from someone in singapore.

Comment

gals, i have ordered quite a few hollister tops already and what i realised was that S girls should really go for slightly bigger sizes b'cos by this time some of you should know that their sizes run very small. For me, i always buy M or L. I'm a S and sometimes M for local or US clothes but for hollister, i will get M or L. For the tanks, try to get a M/L for comfortable fit. For off shoulder, a size M is good if u want a tight fit look but L for slightly loose, comfortable fit. Hope this helps!

Comment

Tricia, Hollister sizes are weird. I have a XS Whispering Tank and that is just nice for me. However I have another tank in S and that is too tight. Duh!

What about Abercrombie minis? Say I wear Size 2 for Mango, should I go for a S or ?

autumnheart -> If that is too big/small, I can help you to wear it.

Comment

Originally posted by Queenie
                          :p

that's why you see my order consist of both XS and S, just in case.

I wear size 5 for tops from G2000 and often S for most clothes.
                          Sometimes, some size 8 from departmental stores are slightly big for me.
                          All depends on cuttings, I guess.

:roll:

Comment

Originally posted by Queenie
                            Tricia, Hollister sizes are weird. I have a XS Whispering Tank and that is just nice for me. However I have another tank in S and that is too tight. Duh!

What about Abercrombie minis? Say I wear Size 2 for Mango, should I go for a S or ?

Queenie, same sentiments. Their sizes ain't consistent at all! But to my bad experience with the smaller sizes i ordered, most of them just ain't my fit. =/ The cotton ones are the worst lot! So, i will try to get a size bigger for cotton tanks/tops from them.

AF minis from kids or women? For kids, i get XL cos i wear them low and i think my hips are huge. Women i haven't order any as yet b'cos they are too expensive so can't help there! Sorry!

Comment

so what about Abercrombie Women, do we also have to order a size up?

Comment

Hollisterco is their teenage line, so it is best to order one size up. Abercrombie sizing is relatively bigger so you can stick to your own sizing. HTH

Comment

Working...
                                X