Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hosiery

hey gals,

just a question, where can i find funky coloured stockings? i cant seem to find them in other colours other than the usual black, nude and white... and i went down to topshop and mon cherie hearing that they have them but alas they dont let me know of places i can find them. thanks!

hmm... I saw this article on Sunday Times a few weeks ago about men preferring ladies wearing stocking if there's imperfection on the legs. It recommmended places to purchase coloured stocking such as an UK website(but I forgot 'bout the add) and two shops at South Bridge Road Unit 2** and 2** named Trading something.

Hee... I know I didn't help at all but hopefully the cotters here will know where I'm talking about.
    Last edited by Caffeine; 20-11-2003, 12:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Caffeine
      hmm... I saw this article on Sunday Times a few weeks ago about men preferring ladies wearing stocking if there's imperfection on the legs.
      What's wrong with these men??

All from urbn.com. I'm sure there are other sites out there who do international delivery.

Oh yes...I remember there was a brand at Wisma Isetam which sells a very famous brand of hosiery many years ago. Can't remember the brand. They have many many coloured stockings of superb quality. I can't remember the brand now. Anyone?
      Last edited by raebelasian; 20-11-2003, 03:25 PM.

Comment

Ya I agree with raebelasian

I saw some in Wisma Isetan as well. They have checkered opaque ones, transparent stripes, the japanese rugged kind and so many other funky colours and design.

They look so good but I can never carry them well.

Comment

do they still sell them at wisma? and does anyone know the brand? i must go check one day. by the way i chanced upon this website called www.welovecolors.com . they have the widest range of colours of stockings! i'm now comtemplating whether i should get them.

Comment

Originally posted by lola
            do they still sell them at wisma? and does anyone know the brand?
            Not too sure if that corner is still around since they revamp the place so much. I'm writing with the memory that the hoisery section was where Hunting World used to be so it's quite some time back. Just have to ask what brand it is and if they have a new counter somewhere in Sg.

Wow...those coloured tights. Good luck in finding the perfect coloured tights

Comment

How to match socks/stockings?

Hi I just came back from hong kong, I saw a lot of gals there wearing nice nice socks & stockings! However I am clueless to go about matching them. Any advise? thks

Comment

usually i like to match my socks with my top. example if i'm wearing a red tee, then i'll wear red strips socks to match; yellow tee, match with orange socks, etc.

if you're demin mini skirt, you could wear a strips stocking/socking. if you're wearing a black knee-length skirt and want a executive look, you could wear a black socking with covered heels. HTH

Comment

Leggings

I'm currently in with the mod look especially paired with those colourful leggings but I cant seem to wear those in SG. feel that it might look weird. any tips on how to wear it daily?

Comment

Sorry girl, but I would really advise against it in sunny Singapore!

It's a v difficult look to pull off. Even in London, v v VERY few people are wearing it on the streets. It requires lots of confidence, perfectly shaped legs, and stunning dress sense. And that's in London where the weather warrants leggings.

In Singapore, it's going to be difficult to pull this off without looking sweaty and like you're trying too hard.

But if you do find a way of wearing this, good for you!! Do let us in on your secret.

Comment

Re: Leggings

Originally posted by starrypixie
                      I'm currently in with the mod look especially paired with those colourful leggings but I cant seem to wear those in SG. feel that it might look weird. any tips on how to wear it daily?
                      Colourful leggings as in colourful stockings? I think they will look good if you can pull it off..Maybe team it up with a black vintage inspired top, with a vintage inspired black skirt, slicked back hair and a pair of killer pointy front heels, then perhaps you can add a dash of quirky colour madness..im thinking blue/green..kinda quirky..but only do it if you don't mind the attention!

But I think a good alternative could be fancy stockings? Like patterned lacey black ones. I think they are kinda sexy with work wear and pointy heels. Yum yum..:}

Comment

My bf's cousin paired a medium dark-blue leggings with a short-sleeved greenish-blue retro dress, and the best part: with a pair of blue wellington boots.
                        But then, she's in advertising line & is well-known for her strange quirky dressing.

Comment

Originally posted by Satinchris
                          My bf's cousin paired a medium dark-blue leggings with a short-sleeved greenish-blue retro dress, and the best part: with a pair of blue wellington boots.
                          But then, she's in advertising line & is well-known for her strange quirky dressing.
                          Wellington boots? ho ho ho...i can't imagine..but then hey..if she pulls it all off...big thumbs up!!! :] And yes i would think retro + colourful leggings = feasible possibilities....

Comment

well PetitCherie, she don't look that weird to us. most probably we have gotten used to her styles

Comment

Originally posted by candeecake
                              If you're wearing a black knee-length skirt and want a executive look, you could wear a black socking with covered heels. HTH
                              I just saw a lady in office suit wearing this. She looks so stylish as if she walked out of the magazine. I kept looking at her, she must have thought that i am rude.

Comment

Working...
                              X