Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ribbon fetish!!

Ain't they sweet??

I wonder if anyone knows... where in SG, can I find similar outfits?? TIA!
    Last edited by Ashlene; 26-12-2003, 01:41 PM.

Wow! All very pretty and sweet-looking..remind me of Elle Woods..

Comment

I think most of the shops in singapore are getting into the ribbon thingy as well...Went to topshop and warehouse and they've got quite a few "ribbony" pieces...saw some skirts with satin ribbons in far east too!

Comment

I like the tube dress in the photo above! Where did you get the picture from?

Comment

i think the tube dress is from delias! heh come and join in the spree for delias!

Comment

A Delia*s spree sounds very..very..very.. tempting!!

BTW, the 1st 3 pictures are all from Delia*s.
            The 4th picture is from UrbanOutfitters.
            And the last is from VS!

Comment

get crafty?

hand sew! Heh all you need is silk ribbon from any craft store, and 2 stiches on both sides!

I copied an urban n co top (i think) by doing this>>
              get a tank top that you're bored with (i used top shop black tank top)
              insert scissors and snip in between the strap "loop" such that there is now a back and front strap.

sew 2 lengths of thick pink satin ribbon (with excess left over for the bow) to the tip of the front and back strap

Then tie together when you wear. Voila! You get a ribboned tank top, ribbons on both sides.

I did a toga-ish version as well using a giordano lycra black tee, snipping off the sleeves on one side only, and the other side using ribbon to hold up. Pretty easy (and gio's having 30% off now!)

try and take pics later
              Last edited by lolitapop; 26-12-2003, 07:50 PM.

Comment

Re: get crafty?

Originally posted by lolitapop
                hand sew! Heh all you need is silk ribbon from any craft store, and 2 stiches on both sides!

I copied an urban n co top (i think) by doing this>>
                get a tank top that you're bored with (i used top shop black tank top)
                insert scissors and snip in between the strap "loop" such that there is now a back and front strap.

sew 2 lengths of thick pink satin ribbon (with excess left over for the bow) to the tip of the front and back strap

Then tie together when you wear. Voila! You get a ribboned tank top, ribbons on both sides.

I did a toga-ish version as well using a giordano lycra black tee, snipping off the sleeves on one side only, and the other side using ribbon to hold up. Pretty easy (and gio's having 30% off now!)

try and take pics later
                Wow! So innovative of U!
                I have thought of sewing my own tops too but my sewing sux big time..
                Anyway, can't wait to see pictures of your designs!!

Comment

wow lolita, great idea! but i never took home ec so sewing sucks.

i like the VS top! classy yet girly.

Comment

Ribbon Tube Top/Dress

Anyone knows where can i find ribbon tube top or dress?

Threads merged due to overlapping of the two subjects. PLS DO A SEARCH FOR RELEVANT TOPICS BEFORE STARTING NEW THREADS. THANK YOU.
                    Last edited by teiko; 23-05-2004, 03:42 PM.

Comment

Plenty of places, depending on your budget. Try www.thedressingloft.com although I hear the quality is not that great. You could also try brands like Malandrino or BCBG Max Azria.

I think FEP also has plenty of little shops that sell quite cute tops and dresses.

Comment

cherish,
                        how about using us an intro (about yourself, interests, how you found us ) @ CozyBabes?

FEP has tons of shops selling tube tops and dress with ribbons. you might want to check out Phuture London too. i saw a couple some time back

Comment

Thanks for your infro. Last month went to FEP, but cant find any.. maybe i really should make a trip there again.

Comment

Working...
                          X