Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Swimwear (non-bikini)

Hey girls! :yaya:

I know lots of us have started threads discussing bikinis, but I would like to devote a thread to proper swimwear that you can do laps in!

Do you girls know of any shops where I can find proper swimwear of a decent quality that still looks pretty?

what do you girls look for in a swimsuit?

how about doing your laps in a bikini?
    i hate the weird tan lines i get with a normal swimsuit (i rely on my trusty plain black speedo in the past) so i stick with a bikini. just have to ensure that everything's tied securely and i usually go with snaps or buttons rather than strings so far so good

Comment

i hate padded swimwear so i like to find one which is thick enough without accidentally exposing myself.

i've always gotten mine from Speedo. current one has lasted for the last 4 years or so.

Comment

yup, i always wear my bikini even while doing my laps i prefer those that are fuss-free e.g.: no beads, lace or anything filmsy...too many bikinis out there are just good to look at but not practical to wear to the pool

Comment

I do my laps in a tankini. I need something more secure than a bikini yet not as restrictive as a one piece.

Comment

Thanks girls! I've been doing my laps in a bikini but it's way too risky! My bikinis can't seem to hold up to all the splashing around.

A tankini sounds like a fab idea Keiko!

Mich: four years is a longggg time. will definitely check out Speedo then!

Comment

i can't wear a bikini without feeling like i need a throw a towel over to cover up. speedo is good. check out TYR too. like keiko's suggestion of a tankini. where do we go? tannlines again?

Comment

sorry, but what's TYR?? :huh:

Yes, I would like to know where to go to look for suitable swimwear! seems like all the stores sell really really skimpy stringy bikinis only.

Comment

TYR's another brand like speedo

try royal sporting house, stadium etc for such brands.

Comment

also, maybe Arena. they have a whole boutique at Raffles City. from bikinis to one pieces.. lotsa selection! :late:

Comment

i am another supporter of tankini! you don't expose too much (like bikini) and yet you dont' have to take off everything just to pee! (like a one-piece)

i got mine from fun-fit at taka. it's a blue floral halter neck top(perfect for A cup gals like me!) and a boycut bottom ( to hide my cellulite at my butt!)

remember seeing really pretty tankini in bondi at sydney! in singapore can try big departmental stores like taka, metro, seiyu for nice tankini!

Comment

thanks for all the suggestions girls!

Comment

FYI, TYR is a competitive swimwear brand. i believe most secschool/jc swimteams use TYR.

material is VERY good and lasts AGES!

if you don't fancy a tankini, then try a normal PLAIN triangle bikini. i used to do my laps in my plain ole trusty billabong one.

Comment

Thanks girls! So I should check out the 'sports' shops like Royal Sporting House, Stadium... etc? As well as departmental stores like Taka, Seiyu...

Sorry for being blur, but are there stand-alone stores for Speedo?

Comment

hey agree that Speedo is good. my Speedo also lasted for a few years already & it's still in very good shape

Comment

Working...
                              X