Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *LOOK* Ebay auctions *HOT*

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=2895608035

Not the seller, no relation, etc.... just wanted to share something amazing.

angie

WOW. Ya know, this is the sort of dress Joel would post about on alt.fashion. Looks like the seller is in the same business.

It's sad, but I don't think the vintage piece (real or fake) that looks good on me exists.

Comment

erm, is it me? i don't find it all that nice. it'll be very unflattering for less well-endowed girls. it'll just make them look very flat. I've seen material like that and it's very very hard to pull off. especially with this high-neck cut.

Comment

Not just you, Xue. I don't take a fancy to it too. To look good in that dress, you must have the PERFECT figure and height!

Comment

*phew* and how many of us have that?

ae260: i hope you aren't offended girl! don't mean to sound rude or anything

Comment

I'd be surprised if ae260, or anyone else (except possibly the designer in his grave!), was offended, xue!

I wouldn't wear the dress because it would look awful on me, but I can admire it as the work of art it is. You can just imagine it on someone glamorous at the Oscars, can't you? And I would love to see the dress at a fashion museum. (Have you seen the fashion collection at the V&A, xue? It's so cool )

Comment

ae260, are you bidding on the dress?

Comment

Originally posted by saresha
                I'd be surprised if ae260, or anyone else (except possibly the designer in his grave!), was offended, xue!

I wouldn't wear the dress because it would look awful on me, but I can admire it as the work of art it is. You can just imagine it on someone glamorous at the Oscars, can't you? And I would love to see the dress at a fashion museum. (Have you seen the fashion collection at the V&A, xue? It's so cool )
                Agree all the way. No doubt I won't be bidding on it as I find no occasion to wear, but this dress would be so beautiful on someone really tall and statuesque, someone like Liv Tyler, with the correct makeup and accessories. Very womanly dress, very egyptian (or greek, whichever I can't remember).
                Last edited by kare2711; 12-03-2004, 07:48 AM.

Comment

*phew*

I definitely would see how this can look glamorous on the right girl. And it's definitely a historical piece!

But I still think it isn't that outstanding. The details are all rather subtle and not that special. Plus, I tend to think that the criterion for clothes is how good they make the wearer look. The best would be if they could compliment most figures. But even for 'difficult' pieces, they would still have to compliment a certain type of figure in some way. I still can't see how this dress would compliment any figure :huh:

Please enlighten me?

Sare: I haven't checked it out yet! as you can see, i'm quite bad at fashion

Comment

personally it doesnt appeal to me at all, agree with xue that it looks quite plain...

Comment

Hmmm....not something I would even try on for fun. I guess its just not my style. I agree that it'll make most people look shapeless. I would think that it would look *okay* on someone who's at least 1.78m, with a bustline of 36C (anyone else will just look completely flat) and waist of 18inches?? And maybe with a marilyn monroe face. Don't think there are too many of such people around.

Comment

There are so many interesting and wacky stuff I find on ebay everyday!

Since we are on ebay auctions, here's something to share.

I nearly wanted to bid but just for fun and having my userid in the long list of bidders

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...category=15180

http://www.eonline.com/News/Items/0%...C00.html?tnews

Comment

Originally posted by raebelasian
                          There are so many interesting and wacky stuff I find on ebay everyday!

Since we are on ebay auctions, here's something to share.

I nearly wanted to bid but just for fun and having my userid in the long list of bidders

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...category=15180

http://www.eonline.com/News/Items/0%...C00.html?tnews
                          *LOL*

You just gotta trust these reality-tv couples to be so creative.

Comment

This is completely OT and might be inappropriate (if so, delete this post :p ), but since we're talking about WACKY auctions, has anyone been to this website called 'ebanned'? I'm not even gonna post the url, if you really want to check it out, search the keywork on yahoo, you'll see it. FYI, there are people selling really crazyt things including spit and used condoms. Not for the under-aged, too-religious nor faint hearted.

Comment

Originally posted by ataraxia

ae260: i hope you aren't offended girl! don't mean to sound rude or anything
                              No, I'm not offended. Fortuny was a designer ahead of his time and I love his dresses. This is the first time I've seen any Fortuny dress outside of a museum or a fashion history book, I was just stunned. sort of like finding an original Monet on Ebay.... I guess it's true, you can find anything on Ebay!

angie

Comment

Working...
                              X