Scars on legs & wearing skirts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scars on legs & wearing skirts

I have a lot of pigmented scars on my legs and kept telling myself to wait till they fade before wearing skirts. But now I am so tempted to wear one...do you think it look weird if I wear a sheer black stocking with a mini(jeans material)? It will not be a casual look right? I hope that you gals could give me some suggestions or maybe try to discourage me? Thx.

have lotsa pigmented scars on my legs too..i jus ignore them!

Comment

Frankly speaking, i don't think its going to look good unless it's corporate outfit. Try lightening creams, go create a tan or just ignore it

Comment

Sheer black stockings will look a little strange ... the outfit might look neither casual nor dressy ...

How about wearing leggings under your mini? That's like the fashionable thing in Japan now. Think capri tights .. in black or other colors. Put on a pair of thongs or sneakers on your feet & you'lll look really cute.

Comment

try whitening products to even out the skin tone? i also feel it's unsightly to show lots of leg when they r lots of scars. would also agree that going for a tan would be your best bet. call me conservative but i think stockings don't really go with casual wear to my knowledge

HTH... :bestwish

Comment

yeah..many girls wear stockings..or maybe boots? stockings and those girly heels shoes look good too..if u know what im talking about..

Comment

if im not wrong..tanning would tan ur scars even darker and more obvious...read this from somewhere....

i guess we just have to be patient for it to lighten...that might take years!

Comment

i guess we just have to be patient for it to lighten...that might take years!
                wendee: years indeed!

Thanks you gals so much for all the suggestion. Hee..hee..glad I asked you all or else I may commit a fashion sin and look like an idiot..worse still, without knowing it. kakaka...
                Last edited by Caffeine; 31-03-2004, 06:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by wendee
                  if im not wrong..tanning would tan ur scars even darker and more obvious...read this from somewhere....

yes tanning definitely darkens your scars. Try to scrub regularly and use whitening stuff I guess..

Comment

How about wearing those loose Japanese-like high socks with a pleated mini?

I agree with the lightening cream but you also need to scrub it well once a week as well.

Comment

how about those air-stockings? the new thing in the market that spray onto the leg... and you'll still look good in your open toes heels... anyone heard/tried of the air-stockings?

Comment

Originally posted by SantaGaL
                        how about those air-stockings? the new thing in the market that spray onto the leg... and you'll still look good in your open toes heels... anyone heard/tried of the air-stockings?
                        Try that too. Not good enough for those dark scarring. :roll:

Comment

try vitamin e cream, it helps

buy them from pharmacies or the body shop, the body shop vit e cream lasted on me for a while

Comment

Worse come to worse, use a concealor? My friend's using concealor from Cosmoprof to cover her leg scars. Costs $40 a tub.

Comment

Does vitamin e really help? I'm so desperate I'm even considering going to a derm.

Comment

Working...
                              X