How do you wear sheer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you wear sheer?

Need your help fashionistas! How do you wear sheer shirts? I bought an off-the-shoulder black sheer bell-sleeved top from mango, and I have no idea what to wear underneath? I'm also eye-ing this beautiful white sheer wrap top, don't know what to wear underneath that too! Should i go with a bandeau? White, black or nude? Or just a really pretty lace-y bra? Is it tacky for your bra to be seen under sheer clothes?

How about a bandeau in the exact same colour? Lacy bra in the same colour is fine is its not THAT sheer, but if even the lace designs can be seen, then it might be a lil tacky. JMHO.

Comment

I think a similar colour bandeau or tube top would be a better choice than wearing a lace-y bra...

Comment

I was thinking of a halter neck bikini top to go with it

Comment

with the black sheer off shoulder, i'd actually wear a fitting spaggie in black (maybe cropped) with the white wrap, i'd go with a white bandeau for a sleek look, but a lacy bra for sexiness.

Comment

If it's a white wrapped sheer, maybe I'd go for a lacy cami underneath with the lace peeking out at the wrapover neckline

Comment

oooh! nice ideas girls!

was thinking that a bandeau might not work under the wrap top cos it dips quite a bit in the front though..

but any suggestions for where i can get a good bandeau?

Comment

yes, it tacky when undies show thru your clothing. if in doubt, wear a slip underneath. some women make the mistake of wearing thongs under a sheer dress hoping to avoid VPL. unfortunately, if they're not careful, they end up exposing themselves needlessly.

Comment

i second bandeau! bonds! actually i've seen IRL a fuchsia tube under a sheer black top, it looks fab! i like the idea of pairing hot colours under black sheer top. avoid white and beige, i think it looks very wrong :roll:

Comment

For me, I usually go with a decent bra (that's pretty) or a boob tube under sheer tops.

For the black off shoulder, a halter bikini top would look good too.

Generally, a spagh top underneath would be best if you want to be modest.

Comment

hi girls, I need help wearing a sheer tee. I have a beautiful soft sheer tee like a regular hollister/anf sort in sheer navy blue- cept it's like 2 layers of soft sheer mesh and ragged hems. Completely cannot get away with wearing pretty underwear sort.

But Really really lovely.

But i can't find anything to wear underneath-boob tube and t shirt= UGLY, spag top and tee shirt (since it has sleevs)- weird.
                      Help?

Kinda like this on auctions that I wanna bid on

Comment

I'm thinking, a satin black or satin grey bra underneath?

Comment

how about a classy seamless dark blue (tastefully) patterned bra? try full cup or shelf/bandeau style with straps?

Comment

wear a cropped bra top?

Comment

black mango top - i will pair it with a black bandeau, or a decent satin strapless bra. might not look good if you choose a lacy design, it's tacky.

but lacy bras looks good if the sheer top is a sheer turtle/mock neck. i've seen it in magazines and it looks cool if you can carry it off.

white wrap top - i will match with a bandeau again, or a bikini.

Comment

Working...
                              X