Fashion Police / Fashion Peeves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fashion Police / Fashion Peeves

Style board's been a little quiet lately so I thought I'd poll you gals here...

What's your biggest fashion peeve? That no-no that you seem to spot a lot of strolling around Orchard Road, which always makes you go EWWWW?

I hate it when women commit the following:

1. Wear clothes 1 size too small....and you can see the folds of fat bulging out frm their waistbands. Worse if they're flabby and dressed top to toe in a lycra one-piece....then you can see EVERYTHING wobbling and jiggling. Ugh!!! :puke:

2. Wear a mini too short...and then they spend the whole time trying to tug it down discreetly (but of course failing miserably).

3. Reveal underwear with low-waisted clothing. For heaven's sake, just about EVERY brand does low-waisted undies now. No excuse to make like a CK model (soooo '80s!) or to exhibit your tatty knickers to the world when you sit down and your jeans GAPE at the back. Get a well fitting pair!!!

OK, rant over. Now you all can me!

1) the above by pan

2) no colour co-ordination -> blue does not go with brown!!!

3) over-sized jacket suit

4) jeans that taper at the ankle

5) same colour (not shade) from head to toe

6) trying to be a christmas tree

7... and the list goes on and on...

i'm very particular when it comes to dressing

at the first glance, i sweep my eyes from head to toe and make a judgement immediately before i decide if the person's worth another glance (be it positive or negative)

very bad, i know

Comment

Hahaha...I'm this thread will Boom

My top 6 pet peeves (random order):

1) CHUNKY platfoms, the kind that you can use as a brick to build a house.

2) Ill-fitted undies that cuts into the butt, leaving behind an ever obvious VPL.

3) Bell-bottoms with ends so wide that you can fit a turkey in (gosh, I've seen this PLUS the above mentioned platforms).

4) Spagetti strap tops worn with flesh coloured bras with visible staps

5) Low waist jeans that reveal a waist thicker than the hip

6) White tops with black or dark coloured bras

Comment

3 words.

'AH LIAN clothes'

(sorry, couldn't find a better description for ah lians, can somebody do the favour of describing?)

Comment

-i really hate underwear-revealers too, its so tacky and skanky. not sexy at allll... i would rather see a VPL than the stupid g string or thong itself... [but then again those who sport black thongs under white skirts should seriously be ]

-push up bras that look like push up bras

-lowly slung belt +high waisted skirt + short top =

:puke:

- armpit fat/hair [1 2 3.... EEEEEWWWWWWWW].

-berets[sorry but only a few people can carry this off.]

Comment

pet peeves:

VPL.

just like what pan said, underwear showing from low waist bottoms, it's like they don't bother to groom themselves!

fancy bra strap patterns: she's wearing a spag top and she makes her bra straps criss cross at the back. crass.

chunky platform heels.

too much jewellery, i see all these young girls wearing so much bangles enough to cover their forearms, ear rings, nose rings etc.

Comment

I had a good time imagining the different attires and having a good laugh over the one with bell-bottoms and chunky platforms!

Comment

VPL!!!!

Even if thongs and G-strings are uncomfy... there are still sooo many seamless underwear out there.... some gorgeously cut that u seriously cannot tell... even blur SO cannot tell... trust me!

Comment

Originally posted by sweetmango
                  Hahaha...I'm this thread will Boom

My top 6 pet peeves (random order):

1) CHUNKY platfoms, the kind that you can use as a brick to build a house.

2) Ill-fitted undies that cuts into the butt, leaving behind an ever obvious VPL.

3) Bell-bottoms with ends so wide that you can fit a turkey in (gosh, I've seen this PLUS the above mentioned platforms).

4) Spagetti strap tops worn with flesh coloured bras with visible staps

5) Low waist jeans that reveal a waist thicker than the hip

6) White tops with black or dark coloured bras
                  I've seen ALL OF THE ABOVE....on ONE person before!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by cube
                    -push up bras that look like push up bras
                    Geez, yes!!! those that look like an extra "shelf" pushing out, and you can see the shape of the cups and everything!!! Ughhhh.....

Don't even get me started on VPL....or worse, Visible G-String!! So soooo CRUDE!!!!!

Comment

I had an ex-colleague who relished in wearing the following combo :

-Chiffon turquoise abstract-floral (those aunty-type) patterned blouse with ruffles
                      -Knitted skirt with beige and brown horizontal stripes, and a leather-fringed hem
                      -red furry(!!) mules
                      -blue e/s

You'd think only those aunties would commit such fashion atrocities...but nope, she's only in her mid-20s.

Comment

Re: Your pet peeve?

- toooo short skirts quite bad but ok ok but not if you dont have legs to flaunt :roll:
                        - worst? too much make up i mean overload of eyeshadow, ruby red cheeks etc.. scary..
                        - even worst? white pants with that 'shows off' g-string

:huh:

Comment

I don't mind people in:
                          * mismatched print clothing
                          * too tight clothing (I'm guilty of this cos I can't accept my present weight)
                          * ridiculous chunky platforms (I was guilty of this when I was younger)
                          * VPL showing (me again, cos I'm too lazy to change the undergarment when I realise it shows...)
                          * lacy bra outline (me definitely... well, I don't have many bras that erm, fit me at the moment, still the weight denial thing)
                          * push-up bras (me, ALL my bras that fit at the moment are push-up, some even inflated... another weight denial thing, it balances my proportions I feel. Used to be mad about the thin sheer types, but they don't suit this weather cos outerwear in SG is thin, certain profiles show through, compared to thicker outerwear in colder countries.)
                          * black under white tops (never done it, I think... but just doesn't bother me)
                          * Low waist jeans on a form that should not take it... (me again! But it's good exercise sucking in...)
                          * knee high boots (me guilty, I LOVE Boots!)
                          * too much jewellery (when I was younger)
                          * too much makeup (me! sometimes I like going over-the-top just for fun... the bf thinks I'm mad of course ahaha!)

I do agree all the above are fashion faux pas but I guess I do enjoy it. Basically I feel it's variety (and sometimes a phase in that person's life), I would rather have lived through a Hello Kitty cutesy phase, or a Christmas Tree (too much jewellery) phase etc, than just be elegant and all that.

There's just one thing I can't abide... the long pinky nail. It makes me retch, particularly on males.
                          Just remembered, I have zero tolerance for my sis committing any of the above faux pas... maybe cos I grew up watching her match sports shoes to long flowery skirts... *sigh* it just makes me wonder why she must. :huh:
                          Last edited by Medusa; 20-04-2003, 10:16 PM.

Comment

slightly OT but i remember seeing an "ahlian" wearing white pants with yellow undies 2-3 years back :ROFL:

a few more to add to the ones already mentioned..

1) white underwear/bra underneath white clothes :roll: (i've seen girls wearing white gstrings/thongs underneath white pants..i was so tempted to walk up to them and tell them.."honey why bother worrying about VPL (wearing thong!) when your underwear is like a beacon under those white pants" :ROFL:

2) ladies who wear see-thru clothes and either cannot tell or do not care that their underwear is visible!..i saw a lady wearing a semi-seethru white skirt (material was thin..i don't think it was meant to be see thru) and navy blue undies..i could tell that everything was too tight and they were boycut (that's how see thru it is!)..yikes

Comment

1. Wearing shades in clubs
                              Saw two weirdos clad in all white and wearing shades while clubbling. What's the point in it???

2. Young girls playing dress-up
                              The ah-lians maybe? I think unlike my times when ah-lians mean black top with flashy logos and black pants, platforms and carrying a Sonia Rykiel bag, or, a baby-doll dress coupled with knee-length boots and still carrying a SR bag. While they all look like carbon copies of one another, there is still some taste there.

The ah-lians nowadays have NO fashion sense at all. And you really can't say that they are carbon copies since no two groups of lians dress alike. :ROFL:

The latest is this girl in a backless top and an ultra-mini hotpants and a gigantic tattoo on her back and I don't think she wore bra.

3. The ah-bengs
                              How can we leave them out? Who can forget the green jeans or the silvery-blue jeans? And the swagger? And the rubbish that came out from their mouth? And spits on the floor and the....let's just stop here before everyone :puke:

4. Whatever is in vogue
                              I guess most of us are guilty of these but when something is the "must-wear" item in Singapore, EVERYONE seems to be wearing those. And EVERYWHERE will be selling clothes of similar cuts. The huge trend not too long ago - the gypsy style and the peasant cut is one big example. Then there's the blue-e/s trend some time back and the mini-skirt trend.

Comment

Working...
                              X