Any unique shops around town?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any unique shops around town?

Was just wondering..have any of you gals seen any retail shops around sg that you think has a unique concept or unique clothing?
    Pls do share!

noticed that this thread was started in 2004. I am sure by now in 2006, there are many unique shops sprouting up around town that are really nice. Orchard road with all the usual big brands are so passe. People are shopping in boutiques with mass produced clothes. everone is wearing Zara/Mango etc.

Nowadays i like to shop at small shops that offer much more. there are old shophouses that are newly renovated and offer the latest style from overseas. Places like Haji lane/ Club Street etc that are really laid back and comfortable to shop in. Orchard road is so crowded sometimes that you cannot try on clothes in peace.

Comment

heee.. i second that fashionfoodadic
      i was at chinatown area last night and people's park is so interesting....
      plus you do not need to spend a bomb getting clothes or services there...
      the aunties and uncles are so friendly and that's what i called service!

Comment

yup i *** agree that chinatown is certainly not bad n the clothes dere are quite different from the normal shops, although i see a few shops selling almost the same things

Comment

which part of chinatown? pls share, thanks...

Comment

Hi Akina, I think they're refering to Blk 32, the blk that sells elastic belts stuff on 3rd level. Have seen quite a no. of shops selling nice / unique clothings when I shop for the belts stuff. Just next to OG and Peoples Park Complex.

Comment

Wow, thanks Cheryl, for your prompt answers....its good to hear from you.... How has things been with you? Its been some time since...

Comment

Hi Akina, I'm fine.... Yes, it's been quite a while since .... My hubby still have not discovered it yet..."evil laugh"....

Comment

2nd the haji lane suggestion

i love shopping at thrift shops too. picked up some nice heels from a thrift shop in katong. got a pair of off-white nubuck leather pumps from there today <3 even managed to snag 2 pairs of ferragamos from there 2 months back

town's pretty boring to me coz the things there are run-of-the-mill

Comment

I like the shops at club street!

Comment

Originally posted by sephirias
                      2nd the haji lane suggestion

i love shopping at thrift shops too. picked up some nice heels from a thrift shop in katong. got a pair of off-white nubuck leather pumps from there today <3 even managed to snag 2 pairs of ferragamos from there 2 months back

town's pretty boring to me coz the things there are run-of-the-mill
                      sephirias: which part of katong d u buy ferragamos?? whats is the damage?? TIA!

Comment

i love those shops at club street, but the clothes are so expensive~~~

Comment

Where can i shop nice and cheap shoes for office/casual? What abt clothes? I want cheap and nice sorry ar abit auntie as didnt like to shop at orchard too expensive and crowded

Comment

cutepuppy > i got them from a thrift shop called HOPE. it's located opp. the CHIN BEE CHIN bakery in katong.

these are $5

also bought a same one but the navy blue part is beige in colour instead. this one is $3

they have a good selection of vintage heels/pumps! i love that place

Comment

Where is the place? Is the shoes cheap and nice?

Comment

Working...
                              X