Ao Dai - Vietnamese Traditional Dress

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ao Dai - Vietnamese Traditional Dress

Jus wondering where to get Ao Dai (Vietnamese Traditional Long Dress)

Think of wear it on my sister wedding.

Cheers

If you can know of someone going Vietnam, pass her your measurements and get the dress tailored there. It's very much cheaper with good workmanship. I had mine tailor-made there when my friend visited Vietnam - think with the silk material and workmanship, it costs less than $30.

Another alternative is to copy the design and get a good local tailor to sew it for you. HTH

Comment

Haha, i thought of that bf, believe me, i did......

hav 3 vietnamese friends, 1 permanant station in USA now, another 1 won't go bk within this yr & my last hope go bk jus a few days bf my sis wedding......

Btw, thks a million
      Last edited by Glossie; 18-01-2005, 10:02 PM.

Comment

I think I came upon a shop selling vietname dresses & accessories at chinatown. its along a stretch of roads so maybe you will like to check it out at Chinatown. Not sure the exact location though and its been more than a year since I last went there. Alternatively, you may like to ask those vietname lady selling vietanames foods? I think they should have more idea and the people seem very nice, friendly to me. So maybe you can buy something from them and pop the qn?

Comment

Thks Vinlongo!

Actualy my friend told me there is a small shop sell it ard Chinatown area, but seems like closed down *******........

Vietnamese shop/restaurant.... *** a great idea....will check it out when bk s'pore....
          Last edited by Glossie; 18-01-2005, 10:02 PM.

Comment

Dear Cassia & VinLongo,

Pls have a look of this link:
            http://f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/sex...bum?.dir=/2c72

This is the design of my sis's dinner grown. Thought Ao Dai can match with it quite well for bridemaid......But seems like is quite troublesome to get one in s'pore.....Any suggestion?

Cheers

Comment

There's a shop in Far East Square named Annam Collections (sp?)where you can find Ao Dais. I never found out if they custom tailor for people. I didn't see many tradional designs though. Those on display are quite risque!

Comment

My roommate is vietnamese.. she's holidaying at home now. If you're really desperate, maybe she can help. She's coming back to SG after CNY.

Comment

Working...
                X