Wardrobe clearouts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wardrobe clearouts

I suddenly remembered I still have my Benetton pencil pants and decided to wear it to work today. It must've been at least 12 years old. The cut is archaic: high-waisted, tapered steeply from hip to the ankles, and plenty of room in the back thigh area. Think those ah-beng pants of yesteryears! Ha ha! Maybe I've lost some meat here and there.. but it's still good. Teamed with a shirt that falls to the hips, it's still a classic style (IMO!).

So, any of you out here who does this? Anyone?

I'm heartless- Clothing I havent worn for 6-8 months gets sold/thrown/donated away.

Comment

I'm a hoarder so I tend to keep stuff for years, even if I don't wear them anymore. A lot of them are still in immaculate condition, stuff that I've worn once or twice only. The stuff that my girlfriends like I give to them, the rest I just keep even though I know they'll most likely hang in my wardrobe gathering dust.

Comment

i hoard too, have got this pink barbie tee thats been with me since i was 6. im now 22. used to be a over size shirt but now its like a vintage baby tee. but the material is now super duper soft from numerous washes...

Comment

it depends. if i know i will never wear it, i will sell it off

otherwise i have clothes from 3-4 years back

Comment

There are 2 types of clothes I own.

The first kind, wear, gets old and discard.

The second are the classics, very beautiful, very expensive, very sentimental types, those I will always keep.

I have always buy the latter ones thinking one day I will pass them to my daughter. Actually, not just for clothes but bags and accessories too. So, I'm really happy I am going to have a litttle princess to pass my goodies to. :preggie:

Comment

Mango, what's your size? Can I volunteer to be your beneficiary please?

Naughtygirl, I'd love to be able to invest in classics! I've worn out many of my so-called classics and these days it's hard to find my style unless I can afford Country Road or Marks & Spencer, just to name a coupla names

Comment

with the exception of jeans, i usually clear my wardrobe every year or so.

Comment

Originally posted by Glossie
                  Mango, what's your size? Can I volunteer to be your beneficiary please?
                  Was an XS- S, now am a XXL! :roll:
                  But will make sure I'm an S again real soon!

Comment

Naughtygirl, I'd love to be able to invest in classics! I've worn out many of my so-called classics and these days it's hard to find my style unless I can afford Country Road or Marks & Spencer, just to name a coupla names
                    Me too have worn out many of my so called classics stuff. I'm crazy, I even miss some stuff I used to wear when I was a kid/teenager.

Recent years, I have learnt that even if I not longer fit into something to hold on to it anyhow since I love it so much. I gave my sis some of my classic stuff because I cannot fit anymore. I thought its still within the family but one fine day, I got to know she gave them to someone else. I was so bang! Anyway, I try to tell myself its no big deal, just some clothes.

I still keep my levis jean in waist 24, althought I have long been "promoted" to a waist 27.

Comment

Naughty, did you take after your ma in your dress sense? Keep it going, lady, if that's indeed your cuppa - and I love it! I find it so hard to shop for these past years. I think the only style I've adopted is the bootleg jeans. Even so, I'm real fussy. I still like them straight with slight flare (almost unnoticeable) towards the ankles.

Comment

Naughty, did you take after your ma in your dress sense? Keep it going, lady, if that's indeed your cuppa - and I love it!
                        Haha... you mean dress like those in the 70s? Not sure. But I do like victorian and english stuff alot.

Over the years, I find shopping in Singapore less pleasurable too. If only I can go on crazy shopping holidays every year!

Comment

And where do you usually buy your clothes, Naughty? Britain?Australia? But they're so expensive!

Comment

Glossie, if I have my way, I will go to spain. They have clothes for girls in all sort of sizes, regardless if you are petite or big. And so much to choose from and not very expensive. Plus, they have great shoes there and lotsa unique stuff!

Britian, have not been there but shopping there is definitely way out of my league.

Australia is a great place to shop too. They have alot of nice stuff and as you can see Aussie girls usually dress pretty well. With alot of individuality and style. Do you find Singapore girls dressing too much like each other in general? But their sizes are bigger and if one is small size its quite difficult to buy any clothes. Then again, they have very nice accessories and shoes too! Kookai in Australia is relatively cheap and nice.

Otherwise, its also really good to go Hong Kong or Bangkok.

Another place I am thinking is New Zealand, at least in terms of currency exchange we won't lose out too much and they have very good and talented budding designers offering something different.

Of course there are so many other places to go like Japan and the US and rest of europe but not within my reach at the moment.

Comment

And oh yes, Glossie where do you shop or what do you like? I noticed you are into fashion very much too

Comment

Working...
                              X