How do you keep your bags light?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you keep your bags light?

Hi, there's another thread asking what's in your bag, I realised most girls actually do bring a lot of stuff out. Won't it be heavy?

I prefer light bags but I don't know why all my bags are really heavy when I put my items in and when I carry them out my shoulder will ache by the end of the day.

Do you bring water bottles out? Or pencil case/notebooks? What about jackets?

Usually I will bring wallet, phone and a pouch to contain keys and miscs items, I'm not sure if my water bottle, pencil case (pens), notebooks and jackets are essentials. I only bring really light cardi/jackets out, and I have left out my umbrella, but my bag always seem so full and heavy. Really wonder how others do it with clutchs and small bags!

I am facing the same problem too... I always have people saying i bring gold out, but when i pour everything out, i only have things like the below.
    - My Wallet, HP, Keys
    - My Makeup for touch up, Sweets, MP3
    - My Comb and Hair Scrungies
    - Cardi as i am so afraid of cold.

But my bag is always soo heave, i dun even bring water bottle and umbrella. = =

Comment

Yea, in addition to what you bring out, I usually bring waterbottle and maybe something to read, but I would always take them out to try the weight, and there's not much difference. I organise my things in this bag organiser, not sure if it's causing the weight, but the organiser is really light and without it everything is in a mess.

Comment

I wish there was a solution! My bag is a constant mess indside, I can never find anything. I did try to only take a few things but there is always something you leave out! There is nothing worse than getting a nice new bag and then ruining the shape and inside of it with all your stuff haha but i suppose that is what they are for!

Comment

If i leave out my umbrella or makeup pouch then my handbag ain't that heavy... sigh.

Comment

I purposely buy the light weight umbrella to put in my bag, its no good in a super strong rain. But it works 90% of the time. At most stranded somewhere for a while.

I also keep my wallet, keys, hp, book, water bottle (only fill 100 ml if going to office or somewhere with water, fill more if really going out), small bottle hand sanitizer, tissue, and moisturizer. Think my bag is heavy but not excessively. If have to carry for very long, I will take it off my shoulder and carry on the arm, that way got less stress on the back.

I find the original weight of the bag also affects. Now I am carrying canvas bag, it is alot lighter than my leather bag and even my fake leather bag...

Comment

Originally posted by tidesong View Post
              I purposely buy the light weight umbrella to put in my bag, its no good in a super strong rain. But it works 90% of the time. At most stranded somewhere for a while.

I also keep my wallet, keys, hp, book, water bottle (only fill 100 ml if going to office or somewhere with water, fill more if really going out), small bottle hand sanitizer, tissue, and moisturizer. Think my bag is heavy but not excessively. If have to carry for very long, I will take it off my shoulder and carry on the arm, that way got less stress on the back.

I find the original weight of the bag also affects. Now I am carrying canvas bag, it is alot lighter than my leather bag and even my fake leather bag...
              Yes, the weight of the bag plays an important part.
              I often use a small bag then I couldn't put much things thus will be light weight. And I don't use wallet just a flat card holder

Comment

Yea, I agree that the weight of your empty bag is an important factor. Leather bags are heavier and the bigger the bag is, the heavier it will be. If you like hardwares on bag, then good luck. Leather + hardware is pretty lethal. The heaviest empty bag I have is about 1.2kg. I pack a lot of things into my bag and I always have a book with me. Recently, I realised I my wallet is heavy too (leather +h/w!!!) Cards and coins add on to the weight. Sigh... I wish I could travel light, it seems impossible for me.

Comment

not sure but maybe a long champ bag can solve the "heaviness". bags. its v light and handy, and the light part is a plus point. Dont really feel like carrying other bags besides long champ after using it.

Comment

i used to carry lots of things with me when I am out but for the last few years, i have 'streamlined' down to the essentials:
                    my wallet (which is the heaviest item),
                    my pencil case (with pens, hp batt, earpiece, thumbdrive for work) and
                    small pouch for my ezylink card, handphone, tissue and lipbalm....

I dont even bring cosmetics and umbrella out anymore... lazy

Comment

I think it's not possible for me to have lightweight bags. I got one of the Prada nylon bags because I thought it might be the leather, but no. It's the sheer amount of stuff I put into it. I always must have my make-up bag, hair brush, umbrella, wallet, 2 phones, candy bar and so many other things in my bag.

Though I think it also has to do if you've gotta car or not, and if you're vain vs. lazy. My stepmom has my dad chauffeur her to places. Her purse is smaller than my wallet coz she doesn't need to bring umbrella and stuff.

Comment

Working...
                      X