Sportsgirl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sportsgirl

hey. has anyone shopped their stuff before? a friend of mine is coming back from australia and he's willing to help me get some clothes and i think sportsgirl stuff are pretty nice and i can afford it! but i'm not sure about their sizing so can anyone help?

and if possible, recommend any other nice clothes!

Sportsgirl sizes tend to be a little bigger than other brands, although it really does depend on the cut/fabric of the items. The Modern Vintage collection has some nice pieces, but they are rather pricey for Sportsgirl. Think the like of AU$200+ for a dress. There are also some nice beaded tops in store at the moment but again, not cheap. Expect to pay around AU$100 and up.

Sportsgirl used to be rather reasonably priced, but prices have been going up recently. Although they are still quite cheap for basics like tees and tank tops, their dressier clothing tend to be overpriced for the quality you're getting. I mean, why would I want to pay $300 for a polyester dress when I can get a silk dress for just a little more elsewhere.

Anyway if you're after some stuff from Sportsgirl, I recommand you to just stick to the more casual pieces.

Comment

:wave:
      i'm an abercrombie 00 and i fit their size 6 pants nicely!! only its too long (but i'm short). hehe HTH.

Comment

i used to frequent sportsgirl when they have outlets here, i adore their clothes. not sure about the prices in ozzie but i think its more worth it to wait for their sales before you buy them

Comment

agree with babyflite that the prices are going up. like she also suggested, would stick to the casual stuff. i like their accessories though. their earrings are cool and they cost anywhere between AUD$9.95 to $19.95. jazz up your look without breaking the bank.

Comment

Agree with babyflite too about the prices. The dresses and skirts are pretty expensive. Expect to pay around AU$50 for a simple chiffon top. That was the price I saw when I was in Australia 2 years ago. The accessories and tees are cheaper. I got a few silverware back and they oxidise like mad!!! :piss: I really want to when I saw them turning yellow and rust and I can't do anything about it. Even polishing can't help. :roll:

Comment

AU$50 for a chiffon top at Sportsgirl will actually be considered cheap. Now expect to pay around AU$80 or more.

Comment

wow the prices are really high now! when i was in ozzie it was sales all around so i just bought all the sutff on sale, mostly around $19.90 - $29.90

Comment

I remember cp-ing their bags and wristlets last year and i saw Warehouse bringing in some familar ones this year.

Comment

is sportsgirl the one which JL has in sg last time?

Comment

yes clover, that's the one.

Comment

Is sportsgirl available anywhere in Singapore?

Comment

hi asparagus, i believe it can't be found in singapore anymore.

Comment

i am wearing a sportsgirl shirt now and I was wondering to myself how long ago did I brought it here and then I saw this thread. They used to have counter in robinson and other places but had withdrawn from sg completely many years back. I miss this brand...

Comment

Yeah, i miss Sportsgirl a lot too.. I love their basics - simple & easy to match while the quality's pretty good

But i'm a bigger fan of their accessories though.. Very pretty ethnic chandelier earrings especially..

How i wish i can get their earrings!!! :Doh:

Comment

Working...
                              X