No announcement yet.

Renowned blogshops vs New blogshops

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't mind trying out new ones. I would check for reviews first but if doesnt have and it's something i want a lot, I will take the risk trying.

Comment

Originally posted by midnightcity View Post
      I think renowned blog shops somehow have better quality items, since they've been around for longer, I believe they know where to source for better quality items as well. Look at Bonito! and Dressabelle has pretty good quality items as well compared to some others.
      I wouldn't mind trying new shops but yeah I was surprised by my item from Dressabelle. Didn't know their stuff was rather good.

Comment

Aiyo I wrote a damn long reply to this then Cozycot lag and hang on me! ;_;

Ok I decided to write out my reply again

Actually, I prefer to shop from new blogshops rather than popular renowned blogshops. Personally I feel that the so called "established" blogshops in Singpaore have really bad service. I have bad experiences with some big name blogshops, even one with a brick and motar shop located around *cough* Orchard *cough*. No wonder they say Singaporeans cannot work in service line. Sometimes, they way they email me is very unprofessional and insincere. These blogshops are too sensitive, and think that I am attacking them simply because of my feedback and they get all hostile, passive-aggressive and riled up simply because I tell them I am dissatisfied with their quality. They get all defensive like "Please ***, 9520580 other people like my clothes, there must be something wrong with you." or they simply dismiss you like are just a troublemaker, rather than a valued customer. I know I'm generalizing, but some reknown blogshops are really drama queens.

So far, the best service blogshop I have encountered service-wise is Sashaxoxo. I lost an expensive parcel out of folly (choosing normal mail) and was really mad. But because her email was very sincere and empathetic I ended up liking her shop more and getting a good impression of it despite losing my items and money. I really hate it when blogshops rub it in like "you chose normal mail, not my fault what?" It's true, but it leaves a damn bad taste. The thing is, customers aren't always logical. Especially when they are feeling high-strung and terrible over their lost items. Majority of blogshops in Singapore just don''t get customer service. I would content that new blogshops are better because they are more eager to please. They don't have the money to hire apathetic assistants with no vested interest in the company to write cookie cutter "We are so sorry. Actually, not really" emails. Instead, they write it themselves and try to understand the situation, which I find really important. A blogshop isn't just about fancy clothes at cheap prices. It is the overall experience which is more important. Renowned blogshops, in my opinion, are good at churning out "products" but too inflexible to create "customer solutions" (maketing student in the making here haha). Which is why I prefer new blogshops. Go greenhorns! Haha. Just my 2 cents.

p/s: ellysage is another blogshop that is not bad in terms of service.

p/s/s: not sayin all renowned blogshops are bad, this are just my experiences between the two "camps"
        Last edited by littleseal; 13-02-2012, 11:50 PM.

Comment

Pros and Cons

There are always pros and cons shopping at a new or established site.

For more established sites like ASOS, these sites guarantee quality and customer satisfaction because they have been around for awhile already. I tend to favour these sites as I will always be sure to get what is advertised on the site.

That said, shopping at newer blogshops is not necessarily bad. You have to tread with caution and pick selectively but simiarly, I have found great bargains at these sites too. One such example would be sites like Rainbow LY, Moyo Asia, etc.

Weigh the pros and cons, decide for yourself

Comment

Personally I feel that style greatly determines if I would choose to purchase from the particular blogshop. Even if the price is dirt cheap but the clothes does not appeal to me and I wouldn't wear them, I would not purchase them. I guess the style of the blogshop is the key essence.
            Of course the price would be a deciding factor, I wouldn't want to pay for an overpriced item regardless of the style *unless the piece is oh so gorgeous that I have to have it, but let's face it, it happens only a few times in a lifetime.
            I would also want to know the measurement of the clothing before I buy them, especially for dresses and free sized items.
            I would really make a decision on the photo itself, as on models. I mean photoshop is so well known for a reason right?

Just my penny worth of thought

xoxo,
            C
            thehavenista.blogspot.com
            Last edited by CerineTan; 11-04-2012, 04:59 PM. Reason: Referral Link is not allowed (subject to deletion of account if repeated)

Comment

I guess it's just the familiarity and the trust people have for the renowned blogshop. However if you ask me, I will go for the latter.

Comment

Blogshops

Try Lavender Lane? They have been around for about a year and carry pretty nice stuff.

lavenderlane.livejournal.com
                Last edited by CozyCot_Rose; 13-04-2012, 12:59 PM. Reason: Referral Link is not allowed (subject to deletion of account if repeated)

Comment

Just purchased 2 tops for work from a new online shop yesterday. Hope they are reliable and efficient.

Will post an update + a review once I receive my items.

Comment

uh oh i just bought 3 items from a new blogshop. keeping my fingers crossed that they'll reach me safely. :x

to stay on topic, the style of clothes matter most to me. if i like the clothes, i'll buy. doesn't matter renowned or new. in fact, i think renowned blogshops are less efficient. not going to name any here but they take too long to process a transaction. by the time the clothes reach me i'm not excited anymore. :/

Comment

i just took a look at treentops.com
                      saw a few pieces of really nice dresses that caught my eye. they seem new though. not sure if i should try them out or not.
                      what do you girls think?

Comment

Hi,

I just checked out the website treentops.com, material of clothing rather sheer so depending on what you want to wear them for. As for myself, I would prefer better quality material. You may wanna check out missshirt.com, my friend just bought a few pieces from them, material is good!

Comment

Hi,

I just checked out the website treentops.com, material of clothing rather sheer so depending on what you want to wear them for. As for myself, I would prefer better quality material. You may wanna check out missshirt.com, my friend just bought a few pieces from them, material is good!

Comment

I saw on Blogshoppers Holic's FB, they have alot of updates on blogshops' launches... recently they posted a new blogshop called Boutique Walala... the clothes caught my attention but not sure if the quality good onot ... since this is a new blogshop ... anyone bought from this blogshop? I am thinking of buying one first...

Comment

i do agree with some people too. for me i dont mind shopping at new blogshops if the price is right and the clothes are nice. recently i bought this nice flower print dress at this new blogshop called chloemonday.weebly.com to be fair i was quite scared as it was their first collection but i really liked it and to my shock, the quality of the clothes was really quite good and it was quite affordable too..

Comment

It's all about customer service and value for money. New blogshops old blogshops doesn't really matter I reckon.

Comment

Working...
                                X