How to improve dressing sense

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to improve dressing sense

As a girl 25 years old, her height is 5 '6'. I am slim and tall. i am very confused regarding my dressing sense. I don't know what to wear. I feel very comfortable in jeans with short kurtas.
    Plz.... suggest me how can I improve my dressing sense

I guess you could people-watch, blog surf, reading fashion magazines and identify the looks you want to try and will be comfortable with, then slowly adding the pieces to your wardrobe over time.

If you are unsure bout how you look in certain items, ask a friend along while shopping and ask them to give you their honest opinion.

HTH.

Addie from The Cat Hag
    thecathag.blogspot.com
    Last edited by CozyCot_Rose; 22-06-2011, 02:20 PM. Reason: referral link is not allowed

Comment

Reading fashion magazines helps,,loool

Comment

Originally posted by Heitler View Post
        Reading fashion magazines helps,,loool
        Try wearing some dresses, good for certain functions.

hic.moonfruit.com Home - Hic
        Last edited by CozyCot_Rose; 22-06-2011, 02:17 PM. Reason: referral link is not allowed

Comment

read magazines, browse blogshops.go window shopping.

Comment

thx

Originally posted by hic View Post
            Try wearing some dresses, good for certain functions.

hic.moonfruit.com]Home - Hic
            OK, Thanks for your share...
            Last edited by CozyCot_Rose; 22-06-2011, 02:15 PM. Reason: referral link is not allowed

Comment

You need to know your assets then from there you can choose the right pants, blouses and dresses which emphasizes your asset.

Comment

You can wear the clothes in which your are comfortable with.

Comment

CNY is coming. There are just some very simple rules which a lot of girls over-look~~

If you wear glasses - DO NOT wear dangling ear-rings, you'll looked like a X'mas tree.

If you are wearing a dress - DO NOT carry a pack-bag, you looked torned between causal and formal.

If you want to tie a pony-tail - DO NOT wear it low, you'll look like auntie, tie it high up for a energetic and youthful look.

If you have bare finger/toe nails - DO NOT attract attention by wearing rings and open toe shoes.

If you are wearing light colored or white outfits - DO NOT wear black undergarments, you'll look ..... :X

If you are wearing a loose top - DO NOT pair with another loose bottom, you'll lost and shapeless.

If you are wear a tight top - DO NOT pair with another tight bottom, you'll look ........ :X

And in overall, wear something that you are comfortable with

Comment

hi dear i would suggest looking at fashion blogs and slowly you'll develop your own style (: i dress simple too, sometimes i wish i could step out of my comfort zone and stop thinking how ppl would judge me if i were to dress in a more elaborate and chic way haha..

Comment

Originally posted by chubbyvoo View Post
                      CNY is coming. There are just some very simple rules which a lot of girls over-look~~

If you wear glasses - DO NOT wear dangling ear-rings, you'll looked like a X'mas tree.

If you are wearing a dress - DO NOT carry a pack-bag, you looked torned between causal and formal.

If you want to tie a pony-tail - DO NOT wear it low, you'll look like auntie, tie it high up for a energetic and youthful look.

If you have bare finger/toe nails - DO NOT attract attention by wearing rings and open toe shoes.

If you are wearing light colored or white outfits - DO NOT wear black undergarments, you'll look ..... :X

If you are wearing a loose top - DO NOT pair with another loose bottom, you'll lost and shapeless.

If you are wear a tight top - DO NOT pair with another tight bottom, you'll look ........ :X

And in overall, wear something that you are comfortable with
                      Noted with thanks! My favorite is.. If you are wearing light colored or white outfits - DO NOT wear black undergarments, you'll look ..... :X

Saw many girls doing this.. I even saw a girl wearing white skirt and her polkadots undie stands out.. it does look :X haha!

Comment

LOLxxx... some girls purposely do this to attract men's attention, or perhaps thought it's sexy.

Comment

If your tall and slim, you can get away wearing a loosed printed shirt and slim fit jeans and look so fab!

or you can go window shopping in your favorite shops and check the model's outfit.. if you think it suits you take a picture of the model then see in your closet if you have a similar design, cutting outfit.. based on experience

there are always idea everywhere.. also be open for suggestions from your friends
                          Last edited by orangeyjellybeany; 24-02-2012, 01:43 AM.

Comment

I buy alot of fashion magazines, check out the model's clothes so as to get a better idea. That helps to improve my fashion sense as well.

Comment

For me one of the best thing on how you can improve your dressing sense is to improve your look into fashion first. You should learn how to see fashion differently from others. Fashion is all about being unique and not about copying what you seen in others. Try reading magazines, watch fashion shows try to search for pictures in the internet regarding the new fashion styles, and from there learn to be more creative. Work on color blocking it's one the best!

Comment

Working...
                              X