• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wearing Brocade?

Is this upcoming?
    How do we wear it w/o looking ah-soh?

Some brocade accessories are cute!!!

brocade can look really luxe. however if you can't carry it off, don't or you risk looking like some european furniture

Comment

Sharon you always cracked me up You're right.. who wants to look like upholstery?

I supose the universal rule of wearing just one (brocade) item in one ensemble applies.

Googled and found this site. The beige brocade jacket is nicely subtle but I don't agree with its pairing with another patterened skirt. To each her own

Comment

Thanks Gals!! AV website is

Also can't be too flat at the "top" or else mistaken a cushion when visitors come CNY visit!!!

Only spotted shoes, not much brocade acc. in mkt yet, thot buying an item or two. Will go Veil take a look this weekend.

Comment

You meant accessories, Vernis? Which ones? Bags? I still saw mostly tweed shoes and bags. Brocade's like vintage, yes? Check out vintage stores then Tell us about your Veil trip after!

Comment

I used to have a maroon & navy heavy brocade vest, often wore it with jeans and a white tank top or tee shirt and accessorized with silver bracelets & earrings and Doc Martens! The same combo also worked with long or short skirt. The fabric in the vest was not shiny satin brocade but a matte heavy fabric (think English granny bag type fabric)... very vintagey! This kind of fabric is very formal so breaking it up with denim and casual accessories makes it less ah soh

I still have 2 items in my wardrobe, both are very lightweight. 1 is a short black satin skirt and the other is a thin black stretchy bodysuit. I won't wear more than 1 brocade item at a time either... don't want to look like someone's sofa!

angie

Comment

A brocade MJ from Urbn has always been on my mind.

Comment

i think brocade can look really pretty in small doses

Comment

brocade with lace look lovely as well.

Comment

here vy slow, vy vy little amt of brocade.

Metro's Ananas brocade wristlet anyone saw? auntie enough??

Comment

I've got a cream trenchcoat made of a heavy matte brocade material that I absolutely adore. The brocade design is quite subtle so it's not aunty-ish at all.

Comment

Originally posted by babyflite
                        I've got a cream trenchcoat made of a heavy matte brocade material that I absolutely adore. The brocade design is quite subtle so it's not aunty-ish at all.
                        dry dry only for yr lovely coat?

Comment

Do you mean dry clean?

Comment

HEEHEE... Yes, me misspelt.....

Comment

Yeah I have to dry clean it coz it's lined inside and all. A bit of a hassle coz being cream it's not as easy to maintain compared to a darker colour. Almost wanted to get the black instead but figured cream is more classic and versatile. Anyway here's a pic of it.

Brocade details:

Comment

Working...
                              X