Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you girls still send your clothes for alterations?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you girls still send your clothes for alterations?

When we were younger, we like to alter our skirts shorter just so we don't look like a nerd. When we grow up, we still send our clothes for alteration but nowadays with blogshops and online shops selling clothes at $25-$50, do you still send them for alteration if the size doesn't fit well? Or you will just move on and not wear the dress anymore? I know few years back, alteration is still a trend.

Originally posted by Eskango View Post
    When we were younger, we like to alter our skirts shorter just so we don't look like a nerd. When we grow up, we still send our clothes for alteration but nowadays with blogshops and online shops selling clothes at $25-$50, do you still send them for alteration if the size doesn't fit well? Or you will just move on and not wear the dress anymore? I know few years back, alteration is still a trend.

I would still alter the dress. It doesn't matter if it is from blogshop or from physical shops. We're different size and build. Not easy to find a dress that fits perfectly. A $30 dress will look a million bucks if alter to fit like a glove. Same for a $100 dress, if it doesn't fit, it won't look good too..

Just my 2 cents worth.. :D

Comment

Yes, but less frequently nowadays. As I grew more conscious of what size and cutting I should be wearing, I avoid those clothes that I KNOW I will have to spend extra effort and money to make them them fit.

Comment

As a size 4, I do send my office apparel for alterations because it is important to dress well at work.

As for casuals, I try to get away with putting on a belt or a cardigan to make it look more fitting.

Comment

As a size 4, I do send my office apparel for alterations because it is important to dress well at work.

As for casuals, I try to get away with putting on a belt or a cardigan to make it look more fitting.

Comment

Working...
          X