Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• babyflite
    replied
    artichoke, you don't really need a special occasion to bring the bags out. I just use mine when I go out for nice dinners with my boy or girlfriends. They really glam up a simple outfit. Else Biru also does simpler bags that are not as embellished which would be suitable for day use.

Leave a comment:

• artichoke
    replied
    Envy envy! I want a Biru bag too, but doubt there will be an occassion I will use it.

Leave a comment:

• babyflite
    replied
    ponine, I feel that Biru bags are quite timeless actually. They don't exactly follow trends so I'm sure you'll be able to use it for many years as long as you take good care of it. The beaded evening bags are especially good investments, you could probably pass them on to your daughter/s in future. Think of those gorgeous bags from the 1920s etc.

I've got some pics here . Biru bags in the last few pics.
    Last edited by babyflite; 06-03-2005, 09:46 AM.

Leave a comment:

• ponine
    replied
    Oh.. the fans of Biru bags know which one i am talking about.

I am not sure if it's timeless and classy enough to cost me $300

Erica, show those you bought pretty please ?

And aww.. the bag you described sounds !

Leave a comment:

• babyflite
    replied
    ponine, I think I know which bag you're refering to as well. It's more of a medium size day bag rather than a small evening one right?

Anyway I do think that some Biru bags are very OTT, not surprising considering it's an Indonesian brand and they tend to like more OTT designs. Think the bags from another Indonesian brand, Bagteria. However the ones that Something Precious brings in are generally the "milder" bags which I feel suit younger ladies very well.

There is this evening bag there that I was eyeing but did not get in the end. It's made of a garnet red and silver material and has intricate crystals/beadings on the front as well as a delicate beaded strap. Very small and closes with a magnetic clasp. There is a similar version in a lilac silk as well.

Leave a comment:

• ponine
    replied
    Epps!

Ok. Lemming definately stirred. Thinking thinking... hmm.

Leave a comment:

• kare2711
    replied
    I think it's around $279. Don't think Biru bags are too old. In fact, I don't think anyone too old will carry them.

Unless, you're concerned about the beads being associated with bags old ladies will carry. I do worry about that too, but the Biru bags are so cute that overall, I don't think they are too matured looking.

Leave a comment:

• ponine
    replied
    Do you happen to know the price too?

I am also wondering if its too matured looking for a early 20s... what say you ?

Leave a comment:

• kare2711
    replied
    I know which one you're referring to. It's one of the newest in the collection.

If you wear browns or blacks, you can always carry that bag to brighten up your attire.

Leave a comment:

• ponine
    replied
    I liked this red stripped, part velvet one that i saw a few days ago.

But i was hesistant because i don't how to match it to my dressing.

Too fanciful for work and too OTT for weekends ? :eh:

Leave a comment:

• kare2711
    replied
    Ponine, welcome to the Biru club. Everytime when I'm near that area, I must drop by United Square and check out Something Precious. Never walked out of there empty-handed.

Leave a comment:

• ponine
    replied
    Wow lucky gal!

I think the bag is elegant, exquisite and yet still "young-looking".

Leave a comment:

• babyflite
    replied
    I managed to get in contact with a stockist who agreed to do it for me.

Leave a comment:

• ponine
    replied
    Wow big haul !

How did you manage to secure a special order? Aww...

Leave a comment:

• babyflite
    replied
    nicole, yup I'm pretty sure the store in Jakarta is in Plaza Indonesia.

ponine, I bought 2 Biru bags from Something Precious last month. Cost me a fair bit but totally worth it for the gorgeous and well made designs. Btw if you chalk up $500 in one month (not hard, 2 bags should do it ) you get to become a VIP and entitled to 10% off future purchases. Valid for 2 years I believe. Oh and the pink bag posted above is actually from last season. I made a special order for it but gotta wait 2 months for them to make it.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X