• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How your fur coat is made

http://hall15.ntu.edu.sg/forums/inde...CODE=02&id=631

as above

note from vix:
    be warned. video contains disturbing images. NOT for the weak of heart/animal lover
    Last edited by vixette; 11-03-2005, 04:11 PM.

How can anyone be so cruel??? Why cant the kill the animal completely before tearing out their furs??? WHY???
    They really ought to be ....

Comment

I closed the browser one minute into the short clip. Sigh.

Poachers prefer to skin animals alive because the fur is "freshest" that way. When an animal is afraid, more blood rushes to the skin/fur, and it looks best then. The world should have had enough of all this cruelty.

I was wondering though...how did the cameraman manage to get so close to the scene?

Comment

i wanted to close it! but my brother was watching with me and he wanted to watch on.. so i watched it with one eye..... the other is covered with a cushion...

do they not have any feelings when they see the look in the racoon's eyes? I was hugging my doggie so tightly while watching it too... it's so painful...

Comment

i'm the weak hearted! so i didn't even click on the download button. but i guess i wouldn't be able to take it.

can't imagine why people are so cruel sometimes. it's a life for goodness sake.

Comment

Originally posted by chiri
            i'm the weak hearted! so i didn't even click on the download button. but i guess i wouldn't be able to take it.

can't imagine why people are so cruel sometimes. it's a life for goodness sake.
            chiri

ditto.. i don't think my eyelashes like to be nourished at this hour, esp by looking at such cruel things.. i have a weak heart...

Comment

I'm a weak-hearted one too, so I'm not going to open it, but I'm pretty sure it'll be just too heart-wrenching. It's just like those clips about sharks fins soup, where they show that they slice off the fin and then throw the shark back into the ocean. I've stopped eating sharks fins since, and I'm never going to wear fur either!

Comment

i think the worst i've seen was the dolphin documentary.

i can't believe that the japanese actually bear to kill animals such as dolphin for food.

Comment

I only watch abit here and there. Dun dare to watch the whole process. My tears nealy jerked out when I saw that the animal was thrown into the truck aft being skinned and its still moving. OMG!! Its ****** cruel.

Comment

So the more we should stop buying such things and advocate for others to stop too, leather bags and leather stuff applys too.

Comment

To be honest, animals bred for meat aren't well-treated either. I'm not vegetarian and probably will never be, though I've tried. Fur is a matter of vanity rather than a basic necessity like food, but it's sad to think animals are that badly treated even when we depend on it for survival.

Comment

yah furs are absolutely not necessary!!! even if u are livin in cold countries, u have wool or jackets that are not made of animal fur...its really very mean to kill animals like this.....

Comment

Fur & Leather??

Dear all, i am not trying to be sick. But this is heart-shattering, nothing but the ugly truth. This may be an old video, i am not too sure.

Weak-hearted cotters PLEASE AVOID. If moderators find this , please remove this thread.

This is graphic and quite horrendous showing what the animals have to suffer.

http://my.so-net.net.tw/sirwang/fur.wmv

Comment

Wasn't there just a similar thread earlier? Mods will probably merge it soon.

Comment

OOPS!! Moderators, pls help. If got similar video clip, please delete my thread. Thanks so much!! Sorry again.

Comment

Working...
                              X